Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know, what a crazy statement. share your slingbox?

well I don't know how many of you guys use thos just for tv on you treo, but that's kind of a lot of money. if I had a pc at work or traveled a lot with a laptop, it would be different.

what I want to do is use the slingmedia for free for a month, and try it out. I work and live in medium evdo signal areas. I want to see how the reception is going to be. I want to see how much I would actually us it. I don't mind spending money for something I would use.

another user here let some of us try it out with his sling box one day a while back. that was a busy day for me and u didn't leave the area I was in to really try it out.

what I would like to do is get someone to set up there sling box with a temporary password and setup info, send the info to me and let me hook it up. if I change chanels while you are watching something just change it back and i'll know your watching it. it's your slingbox so I won't fight you for the remote (control).

I know, get ready for the jokes and flaming, but I didn't think it was out of line. I have heard worse.

thanks, cody
    PM sent. If you get a blank screen you'll need to hit the power button since I have my cablebox power off nightly. When you power on it goes to an HDTV channel. Switch to channels in the 4 - 10 range for SD network stations.

I share with 4 others so you may get an already in use error. just try again later if that's the case. If I don't want to be interrupted I'll just disconnect my slingbox so don't worry about it.
  3.    #3  
    hannip is da man. thanks, buddy. man I hope you can stick it out with the sms thing. I saw your comment about going to cingular, and felt as if I was watching a friend move.
    Np, I love my slingbox. It was the primary reason I got the 700w when it came out. The only thing I'd want to improve is for slingmedia to support full screen on the treo's. I've sent them several emails in the past and they've actually implemented some of my ideas. I hope they implement my fullscreen ideas soon. Btw, I'm SlingerPaul at slingcommunity.com.
    good idea. I'm going to have to try this with orb
  6.    #6  
    hey hannip, have you been using the beta version? how are the improvements?

it looks like i cant get it unless i register a slingbox.
    yes, I'm using the 1.1 beta2. The improvements are mostly bug fixes and performance tweaks. You can now also hide the favorites bar. Nothing major.

Where is it requesting a registration? Have you tried downloading from this url?

http://us.slingmedia.com/object/KB-005111.html?page=2
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    if someone would be so kind, I would also like to try our a slingbox to see if it'll work well in my area... much thanks on advance!
    can i please try slingbox too thanks
    Sorry, I'm at my sharing limit.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by siralston View Post
    can i please try slingbox too thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxman2k View Post
    if someone would be so kind, I would also like to try our a slingbox to see if it'll work well in my area... much thanks on advance!
    did i create a monster?

it's ok guys. if someone wants to share there slingbox with you guys, or someone. i ask that thay pm the person. then thay can give the id number and password. good luck

cody
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    would someone also be willing to share with me.

I bought slingbox av slinglinks aand paid $30 for the mobile player but the connection was to complicated with my vonage and cable router, after 2 days of on the phone with vonage and sling media support I returned the av and sling links and am stuck with the mobile player but no conection.
    if someone can be kind enough to share , I would appreciate it
    This cracks me up...reminds me of the argument to have your wireless network left open.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho View Post
    This cracks me up...reminds me of the argument to have your wireless network left open.
    Hahaha...except you use my slingbox, I'm out to lunch! LOL
  15.    #15  
    it's about time. it took 12 hours for you guys to start busting on me. it only took 11 minutes for someone to share. that's why I love this place.

cody
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    yet another reqest

i would like to try it too... i'm getting a slingbox this Thanks Giving so i would like to try it before i get it.

thanks
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    TREO 700wx
    Ok, I am getting closer to giving up the cash...er, asking for a Slingbox for Christmas. My concern is wanting to watch when others are watching tv so maybe I will settle it and put it on the DVR in the bedroom.

I just downloaded the beta mobile player and really would like to test someone's sling. PM me if you are interested in letting try for a few days. I have Mobitv but it is limited. I also have ORB but my Orb pc does not have a compatible tv tuner AND it is not quite beefy enough anyway for tv. It is only 1.5 ghz.

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    You know it does sound like a crazy question but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted someone to share with me. I have been thinking about a Slingbox for sometime, but I didn't want to put all the money needed into it and then find that I am not happy or whatever. I can see why someone would ask, I didn't ask just for the reason I figured it would be a huge flame war. So, if anyone is still sharing, I would like a test drive as well.

Thanks
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
  19.    #19  
    check out this thread if you want to share someeones sling box.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...24276&posted=1
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    it's about time. it took 12 hours for you guys to start busting on me. it only took 11 minutes for someone to share. that's why I love this place.

cody
    Im not busting...I think its cool and a credit to TC (kind of like when members give other members free parts, accessories, coupons, tips...etc.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast