Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho View Post
    Im not busting...I think its cool and a credit to TC (kind of like when members give other members free parts, accessories, coupons, tips...etc.)
    right on.

you know, I have only had a treo since the 700p. but coming from nextel forums to the blackberry forums and then to ppc forums with the roll of the ppc6700. I have been on a lot of different forums. this one is my favorite of all. a lot of very knowledgeable people who are willing to help out. even with the silly stuff. not a lot of flaming. this site is great and should go far.

i'll stop now.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    yes, I'm using the 1.1 beta2. The improvements are mostly bug fixes and performance tweaks. You can now also hide the favorites bar. Nothing major.

Where is it requesting a registration? Have you tried downloading from this url?

http://us.slingmedia.com/object/KB-005111.html?page=2
    Did you install this beta over the earlier version, and did it retain all your settings?
    I finally got to try slingbox for once and i was impressed by it with the fact your computer does not have to be on unlike orb nor do you have to have a tv tuner card as well. I went down to my local best buy to by the unit except they only had the basic sling box not the a/v one that i want. So I will wait or just goto circuit city tomorrow. This is gonna be a fantastic usable purchase since I do travel a lot and will curb some boredom especially when im at the airport or some other place i have to wait. As far as the quality it was a lot better then what I thought it would be (a good thing). I would like to know how it performs in a 1x area versus an evdo area so if anyone has this knowledge please let me know.
    does someone want to share their orb with me? I have a mac. And I am thinking about buying a pc.
    Much appreciated.
    does anyone mind saring for a day so i can see if it works well in my area. i'd be really pissed if i bought it and it didnt work well around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squobug View Post
    does anyone mind saring for a day so i can see if it works well in my area. i'd be really pissed if i bought it and it didnt work well around here.
    You can always return it! I know it's a PITA but still...

The other thing to consider is that, by sharing someone's slingbox you are still not getting a true user experience doubling as the one you'd have. What I mean is the following...

If you share someone's slingbox in another city they may a much different network setup than you would have, ie. faster upload speeds, better router, etc. That person's box may work much better than yours would anyway (or worse for that matter). It probably wouldn't make much of a difference on the mobileplayer as the bandwidth is minimum but on the PC player it is possible.

I have had the mobileplayer for 2 months now and am mildly impressed with it. I would say the quality is only average (on the 700w) as my signal in Chicago is all over the place and even at it's best I would still only give it a 7 out of 10 . It's very nice to have...when it works.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Yeah, it's not clear what they plan on doing. Maybe they are going to make it available for other phones besides WM5 devices.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    if someone wants to share with me, in NY area
    would appreciate it
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    right on.

you know, I have only had a treo since the 700p. but coming from nextel forums to the blackberry forums and then to ppc forums with the roll of the ppc6700. I have been on a lot of different forums. this one is my favorite of all. a lot of very knowledgeable people who are willing to help out. even with the silly stuff. not a lot of flaming. this site is great and should go far.

i'll stop now.
    Give it a minute; that'll change!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex View Post
    Give it a minute; that'll change!
    Only if its politics.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Anyone......
    mreplay.com/broadcast/

Broadcast and share my Slingbox, Hava, LocationFree anywhere and to as many people as you want

Pretty cool... it emulates a webcam and allows you to share your Slingbox with as many people as you want.
    would anybody be willing to share their slingbox info with me so that i could watch also? pm me if you would please
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12