Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Stuck on T-Mobile, I decided to try to settle for the Dash (HTC S620). Being dependent on a POP3 email account (Comcast.NET), I quickly setup the Dash for that account and did a download. Everytime it goes to authenticate, it gets stuck at the "Logging In..." step for at least a minute !!!

Meanwhile, my lowly Treo600 w/ ChatterMail logs in in about a second over GPRS.

Not having access to an actual 750 - and being stuck on T-Mobile's GPRS/Edge-only network - I'm eager to learn about the 750's POP3 performance.

Could somebody with a POP3 email account on Comcast.NET try this out (preferrably limiting yourself to Edge rather than UMTS for a fair comparison) and let me know how their 750 performs on this test?
    Well, take a moment to check the security settings. Something is enabled or not enabled. Ben
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Alas, SSL is not supported on Comcast.NET email servers (hence your PWD is quite vulnerable), so that wasn't it.

I just used Microsoft's or T-Mobile's canned template for adding a new email account selecting the Comcast template. I verified that it did the right settings...

So, has anyone actually done this who could chime in here and relieve my concerns?
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Bump -with apologies...

Surely somebody out there has a 750v and a POP3 email account (hopefully Comcast.NET)... Can they kiindly report on the email download experience?
    I don't have comcast, but email access and download from a POP3 earthlink account seems fine. Once it gets to the login step it only takes a second or so to login. There doesn't seem much difference in the login step whether it's UMTS or EDGE on Cingular.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680