1.    #1  
    Guys
    i have learnt a lot from this forum and owe a lot to you guys. Time for me to give back a little. I have been using these two devices for a month now and have very good insights into them. WOuld be happy to answer any questions anyone may have:
    Broadly: The Treo 700wx rocks.

1. Voice Command, one handed use, is FAR superior
    2. Skype voice quality is better on 700.
    3. Threaded SMS gives problems in both- im in general unable to send SMS out of the country with Sprint. Sometimes with Cingular as well.
    Sprint Broadband BLOWS away Cingular's UMTS in terms of coverage and call quality. (lot more calls drops on Cingular).
    4.Card Scanner works quite well on the 838 pro (which is sadly missing in treo).
    5. a2dp works poorly in 838 pro even though all profiles show up.
    6. Touch screen is not very responsive on the 838 pro.
    7.Gmail is a HUGE problem in both devices.
    8. Mobile gmail midlet software does NOT load on the treo but it does so on the 838 pro (even though it still doesnt work).
    9. Transcriber works better in 838 pro than treo.
    why use the midlet? Why not just use POP3 with outlook for gmail? No problems for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya View Post
    8. Mobile gmail midlet software does NOT load on the treo but it does so on the 838 pro (even though it still doesnt work).
    You're not doing something right re: Gmail midlet not loading on the Treo.

Not only do I have it working but I have a direct shortcut to it so I don't have to pre-launch emulator.exe to get to it.

http://ppcgeeks.com/viewtopic,p,9947.html#9947

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter