1.    #1  
    I am going to be getting the 700WX from Sprint and as of right now we do not have EVDO coverage in my area.

Given that would I still get power vision? Is that just what they call there data plans? I figure that is what I would get so whenever we get EVDO here or I am in an area with it the phone will automatically detect it?

Is there a special icon or something telling what kind of internet connection you have?

Thanks.
    power vision is just a name for EVDO. The Icon is next to the signal stregth (bars) meter and either shows an EV or 1x so it'd obvious what signal you are getting.
    Wait till the fix for the 700wx comes out unless you don't have to text message any Verizon or T-Mobile customers.
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by LbSigMan View Post
    Wait till the fix for the 700wx comes out unless you don't have to text message any Verizon or T-Mobile customers.
    More info please. Is there a known fix about to be released, or are you just stating the issue?
    Supposedly, there is a fix to be released sometime soon. There is mention of it in the other thread concerning this issue. However, there is no official statement from Palm or Sprint anywhere.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Supposedly, there is a fix to be released sometime soon. There is mention of it in the other thread concerning this issue. However, there is no official statement from Palm or Sprint anywhere.
    Thanks, I really didn't want to go through a 15 page thread to determine whether or not I should hold off on my 700wx order.

BTW, I see Windows CE6 is coming out. Does that mean an update to Windows Mobile 5?
    Last edited by dannyboy22; 11/09/2006 at 01:20 PM.
    Key word is "supposedly" and who knows when. Look how long it took for the 700w to get an update...months!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy22 View Post
    Thanks, I really didn't want to go through a 15 page thread to determine whether or not I should hold off on my 700wx order.

BTW, I see Windows CE6 is coming out. Does that mean an update to Windows Mobile 5?
    Yep; codenamed "crossbow" you can search and get some more info on it. It's more like an update to windows Mobile 5, then a completely different OS. I believe they released info on it for developers so far, but it won't be on devices till late next year. Thats what I heard at least....
    Last edited by Pattycerts; 11/09/2006 at 03:46 PM.
    You will be using 1X read this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=128198
    Quote Originally Posted by player2 View Post
    I am going to be getting the 700WX from Sprint and as of right now we do not have EVDO coverage in my area.

Given that would I still get power vision? Is that just what they call there data plans? I figure that is what I would get so whenever we get EVDO here or I am in an area with it the phone will automatically detect it?

Is there a special icon or something telling what kind of internet connection you have?

Thanks.
    The answer to the original question is yes; you do need a powervision plan because the 700wx is a powervision device. Even though you will spend most of your time in a 1x area.

Yes the phone will automatically detect it and switch over on the fly when available.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2