1.    #1  
    Question:

On the Treo 650, when I checked for email, it would connect, fetch email and then disconnect. When I browsed the Web, I would have to manually disconnect.

However, on the Treo 750v (WM) it seems that it connects, gets the email and then stays connected. The 2 arrows near the G are showing. Does this mean that I have been connected to the Internet all this time? If I have a Data Plan, am I using data in any way when its connected but not sending or receiving? (I imagine that there is some back and forth to keep the connection alive)

I realize that I can disconnect by tapping on the G icon and pressing Disconnect. Is there a way to have it automatically disconnect after fetching and sending email?

Thanks,
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Don't know about automaticly disconnecting after fetching email. I only use webbased email on my 750v. But if the arrows keep showing then the connection is live and is using data to keep alive. However this is not much I have been told. Not sure if that is true or not.
    Treo 750v ---> Now Sold.
    I'd like to know the answer to this too. I'm working with a 700p, and it it freezes whenever it connects for mail, so I'd like it to connect only when I tell it to. Is this possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by davehahn View Post
    I'd like to know the answer to this too. I'm working with a 700p, and it it freezes whenever it connects for mail, so I'd like it to connect only when I tell it to. Is this possible?
    I'm having the very same problem on my Alltel Treo 650.
    Oh YEAH? Well just WHO sez I only have the attention span of...... oh LOOK... a pretty butterfly !!
    Doesn't appear that an auto disconnect is available. Doesn't make sense to me but I've googled and googled with no results. Haven't found a 3rd party fix either, although some posts have talked about them I haven't seen them myself. Best bet (my opinion) is to either manually check e-mail and disconnect for buy the full data plan. Hopefully Microsoft will address it.