Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    But what is interesting is that the base64 encoding problems didn't start happening until after that first month of it working fine. If there was an encoding issue then how did it work for that first month. It's just not statistically possible that the base64 encoding issue started happening for everyone at that same time. Keeps pointing back to Sprint.
    Someone mentioned on here it's because Sprint changed something on their end on (related to SMS Text Messaging) October 4...which screwed up the 700wx's. Not sure how true that is, but it would certainly explain the fact that it WAS working for the first month or so...
    <a href="http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Trabuco.html?bannertypeclick=miniDial">
    <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=miniDial&zip=92679" border=0
    </a>
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose View Post
    Someone mentioned on here it's because Sprint changed something on their end on (related to SMS Text Messaging) October 4...which screwed up the 700wx's. Not sure how true that is, but it would certainly explain the fact that it WAS working for the first month or so...
    Exactly. Which tells me that they can fix it on Sprint's end since they broke it initially. Even if they have to have some case statement where the 700wx is singled out, they can fix it since it once worked.
  3. #23  
    I just sent an email to the editor-in-chief at CNET.COM, since they are a more popular electronics review site. Here's the email I used

    jais@cnet.com
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Exactly. Which tells me that they can fix it on Sprint's end since they broke it initially. Even if they have to have some case statement where the 700wx is singled out, they can fix it since it once worked.
    But maybe they did an "across the board upgrade or maintenance" to SMS and they don't know how to go back. Either way, it is ridiculous that this has been going on for over a month with no fix in sight...but I digress
    <a href="http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Trabuco.html?bannertypeclick=miniDial">
    <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=miniDial&zip=92679" border=0
    </a>
  5. #25  
    I doubt Sprint wants to roll back a nation wide upgrade/fix to their system to basically break them again for what is basically a minority phone on their system. On top of the fact I don't' think it's easy to purposefully break their system.

    But lets stay focused!

    Tip engadget
    http://www.engadget.com/contact/tips/

    Email Cnet:
    jais@cnet.com

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  6. #26  
    I emailed cnet also...
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I doubt Sprint wants to roll back a nation wide upgrade/fix to their system to basically break them again for what is basically a minority phone on their system. On top of the fact I don't' think it's easy to purposefully break their system.
    It may be a minority phone, but its users are a majority voice.
  8. #28  
    Sent my email to CNET as well.
  9. #29  
    Me 2 for engadget. I will be doing Cnet next.
  10. #30  
    I do not have a 700wx but i emailed anyway, it cant help hopfully it will be a feature soon if we are email in.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

    Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Agreed.

    Can people click this link and type a few words?

    http://www.engadgetmobile.com/tips/
    Thanks for the link,,,, Message sent
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions