1.    #1  
    Meaning I can't use pocket pc head phones in the treo? I have been through 2 sets now ( Pocket pc headphones, and another set I bought a store) and each set when hooked up to the treo only works on one side.
    I just , 2 days ago had the treo headphones and both sides worked. I just cant find them now.... urrrrr....

Does anyone know if you have to have a speacial jack for them to work properly....
    Any 2.5mm headphone should work as long as their stereo. You could try a 2.5mm to 3.5mm headphone jack and use any headphone you like. (As link below)

http://store.treocentral.com/content...12-45--337.htm

Out of interest are the headphones that were supplied your treo not working aswell? What application are you using them in?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Sun View Post
    Out of interest are the headphones that were supplied your treo not working aswell? What application are you using them in?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor
    2 days ago had the treo headphones and both sides worked. I just cant find them now
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    What do you mean "treo headphones"? My 700w only came with a hands free headset consisting of a single earpiece plus a mic' built into the cord. What are treo headphones??
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post
    What do you mean "treo headphones"? My 700w only came with a hands free headset consisting of a single earpiece plus a mic' built into the cord. What are treo headphones??

My treo came with stereo headphones....... 700wx. I wonder why the first set worked out of the box and the next 2 didn't?
    I had the same problem with my 700p. I messed up my treo handsfree headphones that I used to listen to music when I walked by a desk and they ripped out of the jack...I thought no big deal, and went and tried to buy the best 2.5 mm headset for good listening and BINGO...only out one ear. I have yet to replace them...what the hell, do I have to go buy another palm set just to listen to music in stereo? I tried 3 different top of the line name brand 2.5 mm headsets and all I got was music coming out of one earbud. I was thinking it was because of the violent pull from the jack with the old ones that could have damaged the jack or something so I didn't even attempt to get a palm set, but I have been seeing a flux of more people having the same problem.
    at&t iPhone3G
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    I had the same problem with my 700p. I messed up my treo handsfree headphones that I used to listen to music when I walked by a desk and they ripped out of the jack...I thought no big deal, and went and tried to buy the best 2.5 mm headset for good listening and BINGO...only out one ear. I have yet to replace them...what the hell, do I have to go buy another palm set just to listen to music in stereo? I tried 3 different top of the line name brand 2.5 mm headsets and all I got was music coming out of one earbud. I was thinking it was because of the violent pull from the jack with the old ones that could have damaged the jack or something so I didn't even attempt to get a palm set, but I have been seeing a flux of more people having the same problem.

Ya, it really sucks. I can't believe I lost the ones I had..... I'd loose my head if it wasn't attached.
    I wouldn't say that they're proprietary, but rather that some companies just manufacture 2.5 mm headphones differently than others (the way the three bands on the jack connector are arranged is the main difference). For exampe, the 2.5 mm stereo headset that came with my A900
    don't work in my friend's T-Mobile MDA or on my i-mate PDA2, nor do his work in my A900. We both get sound on one side using each other's headphones. I think the best thing to try and do is find a good 2.5mm to 3.5mm stereo adaptor and use a pair of 3.5mm headphones. Or you could check sedio or the treocentral store for a pair of headphones that might work.
    I purchased the adaptor from Palm for like 5 bucks, that way I can use any headphones I want. Using any headset, however, I am not sure. Never tried.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I purchased the adaptor from Palm for like 5 bucks, that way I can use any headphones I want. Using any headset, however, I am not sure. Never tried.

Thanks, that's what i'll do. What is palms web address?
    The plug is just wired differently couple of wires reversed. You either have to buy the ones especially for a Treo. Or rewire the plug yourself which I did on a few sets but most of the cheaper ones the wiring is so flimsy they just don't last under extreme conditions. I finally settled in with the Shure's designed sepecially for the Treo pricey but very durable
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
    Thanks, that's what i'll do. What is palms web address?
    Sorry, my mistake..its 10 bucks

http://web.palm.com/products/Product...06&cat=b100021