1.    #1  
    I might be moving to the Dark Side, from my Treo 650 to a WM substitute such as Treo 750. I have two queastions:

1. One of my most useful applications is Thoughtmanager on the Palm OS based Thoughtmanager from Handshigh: http://www.handshigh.com/html/thoughtmanager.html

I can't live without it or a substitute, and for all I know, there are superior products out there. I use it to organize materials in hierarchical lists and it also allowed checkoffs such as when doing repetitive tasks, shopping, packing bags, things like that. Anyone know of a WM substitute that is good as or better? Money's [almost] no object.

2. And a frustrating problem with Palm OS that I wouldn't mind getting rid of is the inability to sync with Outlook on two computers, in my case my desktop at home and the laptop for the office and road. With Palm OS it results in duplications and general misery and I have found no solution. Does WM have superior syncing to avoid this problem? If so, rather than being sad to migrate to WM I will be happy.

Mitch
    I know what you mean. I moved from a 650 to a 750v.

Good points:

1. The calender now synchs.

2. The internet access looks good.

Bad points:

1. Very very SLOW. To search for a name generally takes about 30 seconds. Freezes all the time. Pretty annoying when on a call. The general search facility is even slower and doesn't seem to search all things.

2. You can't search a name under initial plus last name - which was a very good and fast feature.

3. Most important and applicable to you - none of my add-in programs work - Vindigo (essential), airline timetables etc. - someone (Palm?) needs to give Microsoft a big boot to get its act together because I'll go back to Palm or another system as soon as I can.

Charles Hancock
    London
    I've been using a 750v for 2 - 3 weeks now. for a couple of your bad points:

1.) I'm very surprised you find searching for a name slow. Searching from the today screen or from contacts is almost instantaneous for me (about 300 contacts). The general search app isn't as fast but not really slow.

2.) You can search like this if you use a space. So (first initial) (last name) works fine. This actually work better for me than the Palm OS way. I have an entry like "Wilsonville High School" (for the kids). In Palm OS, the only way to get this to type wilsonville and then I get other hits as well. On the 750v I can type "w h s" and get only it.

Not to say the 750v is perfect. I actually find I really dislike WM5 in general. But the contacts is the one area I actually like it better than the Palm OS Treos.

Quote Originally Posted by kchancock View Post
    I know what you mean. I moved from a 650 to a 750v.

Good points:

1. The calender now synchs.

2. The internet access looks good.

Bad points:

1. Very very SLOW. To search for a name generally takes about 30 seconds. Freezes all the time. Pretty annoying when on a call. The general search facility is even slower and doesn't seem to search all things.

2. You can't search a name under initial plus last name - which was a very good and fast feature.

3. Most important and applicable to you - none of my add-in programs work - Vindigo (essential), airline timetables etc. - someone (Palm?) needs to give Microsoft a big boot to get its act together because I'll go back to Palm or another system as soon as I can.

Charles Hancock
    London
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    search is slow on the 750V? not my device. I can search a contact from anywhere, ( pocket informant, home screen, phone app, search app) they all find anything i type nearly as fast as I can type it (save PI) which is notoriously slower than native apps.
    I love the 750V and find it better than the 650 in EVERY way. just my opinion