Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Here's the situation:

I installed pTravelAlarm onto my 700wx and the alarm works.....it goes
    off when it's supposed to. However, it seems now that my default alarm
    that the Treo 700wx comes with (you know, when you click on your today
    screen date, the alarm screen comes up) is being affected in some way.
    Even if I deactivate ALL the check marks (telling the phone not to play
    a sound, not to vibrate, not to blink the led) it still goes off!

I have no idea what to do? Basically, here's how it goes.......my
    pTravelAlarm is set to go off at 4:50am........and it does. But my
    default 700wx alarm that is built in goes off at 5am every day......no
    matter what I check off in the options.

Do you have any solutions? Is there some way I can delete the default
    ringer from my phone because I hate it?.....pTravelAlarm is way better.
    Any help on this would be appreciated because it's a pain.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    malatesta?......anyone?
    Are you sure its not a "reminder" from an alarm that you set in your CALENDAR that is going off? They are not related
    If you say that you have no alarms checked off, maybe there is a dead (Daily Alarm) notification sitting in your notification database.

You can check your notification database by using a couple of tools. The best two that I know of is MemMaid and SKTools. When viewing the notification database, look for an entry called Windows\clock.exe. When you view that particular entry, check to see that the details say "Daily Alarm" and check to see if the time is what you set it for. If you do find it in the list, delete it and do a soft reset.

That's the first place I would look.

HTH!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Calendar reminders make the most sense IMO, since he disabled alarm notifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Calendar reminders make the most sense IMO, since he disabled alarm notifications.
    There's always the possibility of a dupe notification. But yes, I would check the calendar also.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    If you say that you have no alarms checked off, maybe there is a dead (Daily Alarm) notification sitting in your notification database.

You can check your notification database by using a couple of tools. The best two that I know of is MemMaid and SKTools. When viewing the notification database, look for an entry called Windows\clock.exe. When you view that particular entry, check to see that the details say "Daily Alarm" and check to see if the time is what you set it for. If you do find it in the list, delete it and do a soft reset.

That's the first place I would look.

HTH!
    By f-ing GOD! That was it!! I got MemMaid.....went to Notifications....saw "windows/clock.exe".....and BAM........that was the same alarm that was going off.........DELETED!

where do I send you the check for helping me!?!
    Last edited by box33; 11/07/2006 at 06:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by box33 View Post
    By f-ing GOD! That was it!! I got MemMaid.....went to Notifications....saw "windows/clock.exe".....and BAM........that was the same alarm that was going off.........DELETED!

where do I send you the check for helping me!?!
    No check necessary. Enjoy!!!!!!