1.    #1  
    Hey everyone, I got my first treo today and was reading about the tutorial on how to make the 700w connect to my home network with a Palm WiFi card. My question is there anyway to make sure that Verizon doesnt charge me for the internet connection? Im still very new at this but under "connection" on my Treo, should I change that *777 which dials to verizon network to something else like infared, etc? Or is there anyway to disable it? Thanks for the advice.
    Do you not have an unlimited data plan?
    there is no charge for wifi cause your not using there network.
    Oh I guess I misread the question. I thought the OP wanted to make sure the Treo was definetly using the wifi connection when told and not using the data connection on it's own.
  5.    #5  
    is there anyway to disable the internal modem and use the external(PALM) wireless card instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by a8520102 View Post
    Hey everyone, I got my first treo today and was reading about the tutorial on how to make the 700w connect to my home network with a Palm WiFi card. My question is there anyway to make sure that Verizon doesnt charge me for the internet connection? Im still very new at this but under "connection" on my Treo, should I change that *777 which dials to verizon network to something else like infared, etc? Or is there anyway to disable it? Thanks for the advice.
    You can delete the connection entirely if you wish, but every time you *228 and re-program your phone (option1) it will re-write the settings.

start-settings-connections tab- connections- manage existing connections- TAP AND HOLD "DATA CONNECTION"- DELETE

I think it says "data connection," I have Sprint now and don't remember. It might say "broadband connect" or somehting like that
    Quote Originally Posted by a8520102 View Post
    is there anyway to disable the internal modem and use the external(PALM) wireless card instead?
    If the wifi card is plugged in and there is an available wireless network to connect to theren is no reason to disable or delete the Verizon network since the Treo won't connect to it.