1.    #1  
    Hello.

I am new to this forum, as I have just bought my first Treo last week. And the only problem I have had so far is that I can't get my Yahoo email to set up correctly in messaging. It won't automatically syncronize, even though it tries, and I type in what I think are the correct servers and such, but I guess in all reality I have no idea what I am doing.
    Help?
    Can anyone break this down really, really simply for a newbie!
    Thanks!
    I know this isn't the response you're hoping for, but if you can't figure it out, maybe you could just use Yahoo! Go for your phone, which will do all this automatically for you:

http://go.connect.yahoo.com/go/mobile
    go!yahoo is actually very cool; it can also autosync your addresses, calendar and photos to your yahoo account.
    I tried to do the same with Yahoo!, and I couldn't figure it out. I put all the proper incoming/outgoing server information, and it wouldn't recognize. It just kept asking me for my username/password, and when I would enter it wouldn't do anything, and that prompt screen kept coming up o.0
    Do you pay for Yahoo Mail Plus? ($20/year)
    http://mailplus.mail.yahoo.com/

With free yahoo mail you don't get POP and SMTP server access to your mail. It's one of the few reasons I subscribe.

If you do then the settings are pretty simple:
    POP: pop.mail.yahoo.com
    SMTP: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    UserID: (yourname)@yahoo.com
    Password: (yourpassword)

This is the help section on Yahoo that explains how to set it up:
    http://search1.cc.scd.yahoo.com/cct_...wer_id=1775748
    Just follow any of the different email client set up instructions and they should moreless apply to whatever mail program you're using.
    Here are the "GENERIC" instructions: http://help.yahoo.com/mail/pop/pop-03.html

If you still can't get it to work, I can try to help further.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  6.    #6  
    tcaz33 ...that is EXACTLY what it keeps telling me to do. I didn't realize you need to subscribe to Yahoo! Plus to do it!
    Hotmail works fine. I think I will try and switch over to that.
    That Yahoo go sounds cool, too. Maybe I will try it out.

Thanks for the help!
    I appreciate it a lot!
    Yahoo go works fairly well. My only issue with it is that I don't use my @yahoo.com email address. I use my me@mydomain.com mail, which auto-forwards to my yahoo mailbox. When I send mail from Yahoo I use my me@mydomain.com email address as if I'm not using Yahoo at all. I can do this with a POP mail client, but I can't do this with Yahoo GO! because it'll only send from my @yahoo.com address.
    Not an issue for most people I suppose.
    I still use Yahoo Go for my calendar and contact syncing, though.

For that $20, I really wish Yahoo would support IMAP. I'd even pay more. It would make my life simpler.

Also GMail has free POP access (in addition to hotmail as you said,) but I think there's a bit of a trick to configuring for it.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chriswitt View Post
    I know this isn't the response you're hoping for, but if you can't figure it out, maybe you could just use Yahoo! Go for your phone, which will do all this automatically for you:

http://go.connect.yahoo.com/go/mobile
    yahoo go is awesome, i recommend it 100%! it will autosync all your data for you (contacts, tasks, calendar, photos).......and it's functions like push email. the moment someone sends me an email, it shows up on my phone AND pc.

very well worth it.

oh, and it's free!
    I just wish Yahoo GO! would sync NOTES as well!! I use Yahoo for the full PIM (Contacts, calendar, notes, to-do) and notes is the one most important thing that they don't support. When I used to use the intellisync for yahoo to sync with the Treo through hotsync it did notes.
    My first programing project on WM 5 when I get the time is to try to write my own notepad syncing tool to work with Yahoo.
    y don't u use outlook sync..? it can sync notes, favorites, ete..
    I had awful results with yahoo go and I tried it twice. I had to hard reset to fully remove it the first time. It also created duplicate contacts for all of my contacts that have more than one email address.
    Ditto,

I'm not a very big fan of Yahoo Go! Instead i forwarded all email to 4smartphone and use their IMAP instead which is very good. Push as well!
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    It seems that we have the same problem, if you find a resolution would you let me know? thanks!
    The reason I use Yahoo is because It's a great web mail service, and it's dirt cheap for what you get. Especially historically as I've used them for about 8 years or so. Also I have of my contacts in it, and I share my calendar with family members. The contact manager integrates well with the spam blocking and Yahoo IM. Also the filters and mobile alerts are well done. It has been a great one stop shop for me.
    I have the $2/month subscription to mail2web, and it's great. But I am at the point where I might just pull the plug on Yahoo altogether and switch to using mail2web (like smartphone) as my primary mail service.
    Yahoo is just and excellent mail and PIM package and so far no one else really matches it. Outlook web access (like mail2web has) is the next best thing.
    Now that so much more is available, I guess I just need to really consider making a switch. Like I said, if they just did IMAP, my problems would be solved.

I didn't have any problem with Yahoo Go. But i also followed the instructions and stated with an empty contacts database (as they warn of duplicates.)
    I have yahoo!go on my treo 700w and i love it. But i cant make my photos work. When i click on photos it just says "Y!Photos set up in progress.." and it stays that way. What do i need to do?