1.    #1  
    I have searched my phone and my exchange server and can't see how to synch my tasks . . . The calendar, email and contacts.
    In the activesync options I see where you can select/de-select calendar, email and contacts but nothing about tasks . . .

HELP!
    If "tasks" isn't an option to check off then your Exchange Server must not support it. I have an option for tasks in Activesync, but I use mail2web. Try deleting your server and then re-installing (re-configuring) it. When you do this there should be a tasks option in the setup. Report back when you do this.
    If memory serves me I believe that Exchange Activesync does not currently support tasks. The option may show up when doing the set-up, but tasks and notes are currently only supported with a desktop activesync
    Quote Originally Posted by DaJoker View Post
    If memory serves me I believe that Exchange Activesync does not currently support tasks. The option may show up when doing the set-up, but tasks and notes are currently only supported with a desktop activesync
    I sync tasks with mail2web w/o a problem
  5.    #5  
    I deleted the server from active synch. Setup again and same issue. I am on a 2003 Exchange server . . .
    any other ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by robsatx View Post
    I deleted the server from active synch. Setup again and same issue. I am on a 2003 Exchange server . . .
    any other ideas?
    When you were in the process of setting it up, was tasks an option BEFORE you actually synced? That was my real question. When you setup the server, you can set your options first before you sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaJoker View Post

Tasks are definitely supported. You just have to look for it.

In Exchange Activesync... Calendar, Contacts, E-Mail, and Tasks should be checked first.

Then do a sync.

Then I created a task in my Microsoft Outlook on my PC. I waited 30 seconds for my phone to catch up.

Clicked Start then Programs on my phone. Clicked Tasks. The task I created on my desktop was right there on my mobile.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    When you were in the process of setting it up, was tasks an option BEFORE you actually synced? That was my real question. When you setup the server, you can set your options first before you sync.

Yes it was an option . . now all my appointments are duplicated? Quick way to fix this?
    Yes it was an option . . now all my appointments are duplicated? Quick way to fix this?
    So when you set up the server again, tasks was an option. BUT, they do not sync and now it is no longer an option? Interesting...must be your exchange server.

Not sure about the quick fix for the appts. Might have to search for that one.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    any other ideas?
    Exchange server with SP2? If I am not mistaken (and I don't think that I am) MS Direct push (which requires SP2) added Tasks to the synch list. Prior to SP2 (Exchange Active Sync also known as AUTD) you could not sync Tasks. If you are using Exchange 2003 without SP2, then you are using Exchange Active Sync/AUTD and will not be able to sync Tasks. Mail2web upgraded to SP2 months ago, so users of that service can sync tasks.
    Jeff
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev View Post
    Exchange server with SP2? If I am not mistaken (and I don't think that I am) MS Direct push (which requires SP2) added Tasks to the synch list. Prior to SP2 (Exchange Active Sync also known as AUTD) you could not sync Tasks. If you are using Exchange 2003 without SP2, then you are using Exchange Active Sync/AUTD and will not be able to sync Tasks. Mail2web upgraded to SP2 months ago, so users of that service can sync tasks.
    So I need to get our IT guys to update our server to sp2?
    So I need to get our IT guys to update our server to sp2?

You may want to first find out if they are already on SP2. I am an "IT Guy" and they really should be running SP2 for Exchange anyways since it fixes a ton of security holes.

If they aren't on SP2... "getting them to upgrade" may be easier said than done though.
  13.    #13  
    FYI,
    they had Sp2 running and they did a remote wipe to get rid of my duplicates. It totally reset my palm back to default.
    I know have my tasks and all! Thanks for all your help!
  14.    #14  
    oops forgot to ask how do I have it sync only my current tasks?
    I created a completed tasks but is there a better way?