Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

What type of applications would you as 700w(x) treo users like to see developed on our device? Thanks
    A.I.M. as close to the CPU version as possible. Why can't Mobile AIM come on a treo? It's not even applicable to download the software o.0, why is that?
    Chatter.
    Jimmie Geddes
    VGSMAIL is very close to chatter for IMAP push. I liked it when I used it, with no issues
    Does this work on WM5? Suggests in the thread it does.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=244011
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    Does this work on WM5? Suggests in the thread it does.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=244011
    Which program? There are a few mentioned there
    2 games:

1. Karuko or Cross Sums
    2. Cryptograms
    I would love to see a MLB gamecast type application or applet for WM5 devices. Yahoo sports and ESPN have it for regular browsers. I have found a couple of light wap sites that provide minimal functionality, but a full client that shows runners on base, who's up to bat/pitching, box scores, etc all with a WM5 interface would be cool.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    splash money (or any equivalent budget software that allows you to pull your information OTA
    CHATTER - nuff said
    Decent browser that supports JAVA and renders better that PIE
    Chatter!!!! Mark!!!??? ;-)
    Chatter would kill for Windows Mobile I'm sure you could use Splash Money with StyleTap it allows OTA.
    Jimmie Geddes
    A stand alone interface for ORB
    I'm running Agendus professional 11.05 on my 700wx using StyleTap. It allows you to run Palm OS apps on Windows Mobile.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Maybe a Poll asking what would be the most requested WM app?
    No Need!
    It would be WM Chatter!
    Just call me Berd.
    Don't hold your breath for Chatter.

As a long-time Palm OS user, I had over 60 apps installed on my Treo 600. When I transitioned to WM, I begged several Palm OS developers to port over to WM. Experienced WM folks warned me that I was wasting my breath and poo-poo'd the Palm developer skills on WM.

NONE of my favorite apps were ported over. In fact, only a few developers have successfully ported Palm apps over to WM. Most who have ported have had marginal success unless they do more than just try to make a Palm App run on Windows.

I now have 60+ apps installed but only use Audible, Laridian Bibles, Olivetree Bibles, and Monopoly from my original apps. I have Handyshopper installed but don't use it. Ironically, I started using HandBase which originally was created for Palm devices because there is no other simple but rich-featured DB replacement for JFile. I prefer JFile but the developer refuses to develop for WM devices.

Keep begging though.
    Like I said earlier, if you are looking for IMAP/IDLE PUSH, then vgsmail is the way to go. Exactly like chatter, except it does not have the actualy "email program," just pushes the mail to your outlook account.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I really miss the usability of the Palm OS PIM apps. Just seems like it wouldn't be that hard to make something really similar, but then again I'm not a programmer. Perhaps there would be legal issues?
    Bike or Die! (Is that just be childish - im the only one to mention a game!)

But apart from that i would love to see Chatter come to the WM5 platform, cant see it happening though. But i couldn't see myself ever having a windows mobile device over a Palm OS so there is hope.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    PSP emulator complete with ROMS
    Nah... seriously I'd like to see Win-Hand.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast