1.    #1  
    what do you guys think well get in the update, a sms patch or a full firmware update?

i'm afraid that with all the complaining about the sms issue that we're not going to get as much as we could have. i think that with the push for a quick release that will get what every thay got ready along with the sms fix included. i dont see companies come out with to many updates usually just one. i was really wanting to see the aku 2.3.2 like on the 750v. i wanted bluetooth dialing, real threaded sms (not that hannip and company haven't done a great job), picture mail (sms), one handed folder option, and all the little bugs worked out.

my momma always said, good things come to those who wait.
    As long as it fixes BT compatibility, which is at present, atrocious, I'd be happy. The other stuff would be just lovely, but the banged-up current state of the BT module is just pitiful.
    END OF LINE
    Its not a matter of waiting, its a matter of us paying for a service that cannot be used at all. For many of us that rely on text messaging as a major part of getting our work functions done, it is frustration that it doesn't work when it was working fine before.

Also, having Sprint say its not their issue just adds fuel to the fire, though I understand their CS isn't all that bright.
    I would also hope for a BT fix, but I understand how important the SMS thing is to some people as well. All of the above sounds about right to me..
    I'm sure this is going to end up being the "let's look at this thread and see what WASN'T in the update" thread...
  6.    #6  
    that's what i'm afraid of. the only thing were going to get is the sms fix.
    My wish list-

AKU 2.3 +
    Threaded SMS/MMS app
    SMS fix
    Bluetooth dropout resolved
    A2DP (only because the 750v has it, so I know its possible. But NOT likely)
    A new program called "Sorry" that when opened, a word document comes up saying "We here at Palm would like to apologize for this SMS issue. Together with Sprint we are a bunch of donkeys."
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    any Idea when update is comming out in NOV
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Just curious, who stated there would be an update? I am excited for an update for my Treo 700wx, just wondering how this information came out.

Thanks-

John
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnstad View Post
    Just curious, who stated there would be an update? I am excited for an update for my Treo 700wx, just wondering how this information came out.

Thanks-

John
    it was reported in the "sms not working " thread by a reply from sprint. thay said that they were aware of the problem and that a software release was due to be released in november for the fix. no telling when.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    A new program called "Sorry" that when opened, a word document comes up saying "We here at Palm would like to apologize for this SMS issue. Together with Sprint we are a bunch of donkeys."
    I think this may have to be a standard for all phones. built into the rom. lol