1.    #1  
    Is there one?
    Don't know anyone myself.
    Treo 750v ---> Now Sold.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I did it the lazy way (read: no APP needed)... first, go to the PPC windows folder and rename tahoma.ttf and tahomabd.ttf to tahoma.--- and tahomabd.---. you'll get a message saying the files cannot be deleted. once you find the fonts you want to use, copy to your desktop and rename the font .ttf files to Tahoma.ttf and Tahomabd.ttf (both the normal and bold versions), next copy them to the PPC Windows folder. you will get another message warning that you're copying over files embedded in the ROM ... I dismissed the message. finally soft reset the device and the fonts appeared on today screen. i used Myriad Web for my fonts...see attachement for results
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cortez.i; 11/06/2006 at 02:17 PM.
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    Tweaks2k.net. That and so much more.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcortez View Post
    I did it the lazy way (read: no APP needed)... first, go to the PPC windows folder and rename tahoma.ttf and tahomabd.ttf to tahoma.--- and tahomabd.---. you'll get a message saying the files cannot be deleted. once you find the fonts you want to use, copy to your desktop and rename the font .ttf files to Tahoma.ttf and Tahomabd.ttf (both the normal and bold versions), next copy them to the PPC Windows folder. you will get another message warning you that i was copying over files embedded in the ROM ... I dismissed the message. finally soft reset the device and the fonts appeared on today screen. i used Myriad Web for my fonts...see attachement for results
    Is the font on your Today screen with clear type on? Thanks for the instructions! I don't suppose you could post the two font files you used
    Brandon
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    yes, i'm using Myriad Web with clear type...
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
  7.    #7  
    lovely today screen

i will give that a try.
    I have been trying three months to change fonts to my Treo 750. Can you please be more specific in your description of the step-by step? Thank you.
    Joe Taddei
    I forgot to metion the following info. I was able to locate my Treo fonts and even rename them. However, I was not able to copy my Window Vista selected font on my Treo, i.e., on my Window Mobile operating system. Any suggestion?
    I have a Treo 750 with Window Mobile 6 OS.

I like my Treo functions, but I can hardly read the screen because of its original fonts are so hard to read.

I have worked extensively to change fonts on my Treo 750.

I read that you did it successfully.

Can you please help me

I have been able to access the imbedded fonts that came with my Treo, that is, the registry folder and fonts. I am also able to rename the fonts file on Treo.

Yet, I am not able to copy on my Treo the new set of fonts I like to use to replace the Treo original imbedded fonts. I am trying to use my Window Vista fonts, and copy them on my Treo, however, Treo does not allow me to copy them on the Treo Fonts Folder.

What am I doing wrong? Can you please help me? I truly would appreciate it.

If easier, you are welcome to contact me at my regular email: joetaddei@yahoo.com.

Thank you.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Thanks dcortez, worked like a charm