1.    #1  
    I just purchased my Treo 700WX yesterday as a huge upgrade from my normal phones. It's my first smartphone so I'm relatively clueless as to what may be easy for other people to figure out, but I can usually wing my way through.

My problem is getting the my computer to connect via ActivSync. I tried it a few hours after I got it, and it wasn't working. I then did something which allowed me to connect, and was able to transfer one mp3. I disconnected and couldn't figure out how to get it to work again. I fooled with the "USB Switch" item which led to the phone locking up and I had to soft reset it.

Now everytime that I try and connect through my USB, it will give me the message saying "To sync this device, you must install Activesync 4.1 or higher on your desktop," but I am using version 4.2 already o.0 I uninstalled and reinstalled the program again. I've gone through all the checkbox options and method in the desktop activesync, trying all combinations but can't get it. Now it won't even recognize that it is a Treo, it just says "No Partnerships." Is there something that I am missing here?

I've attempted what seems to be all the obvious steps to go through, but continue to get that message.

I'M DYIN TO GET THIS TO WORK! Somebody please help me out here! Much appreciated. Thank you.
    Go here:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...ctivesync.html

Download the Active Sync program, you will need to put in a number that can found in your Treo. All the instructions are on the site.

There might be some thing wrong with the program you are using.

Let us now if it works.
  3.    #3  
    That's the exact program I am using, ActiveSync 4.2.

It keeps saying I need 4.1 or higher installed to my desktop
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I'm not recommending this unless you don't mind resetting your device.. but what I ended up having to do is uninstalling ActiveSync on my PC, reboot, install ActiveSync. Before connecting my device, did a HARD reset which restores the device to the original state. Hopefully someone will come along with a better solution, but if you're desperate...
  5.    #5  
    Did you have the exact error message I did?

I just bought the phone, so the only thing I have really done to it is add some contacts, and put one mp3 on there. Will those be the only things removed on a HARD reset? What exactly does that entail? I won't have to bring it to Sprint to do anything now, will I?
    First open activesync, and select File-Delete Mobile Device. Repeat until you can no longer do this anymore. Then re-connect your phone. Good luck!

PS- Try 4.5 BETA 2 if you still have issues. I use it and have had no issues yet
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Try littlepat's suggestion first.. A hard reset deletes whatever you have added and removes any settings you have saved. Basically it sets the phone back to the state you bought it in... To hard reset hold down the power button, then click the reset button on the back of the phone. Say "yes" to delete all data.

But, if you haven't done much fooling around with your settings this may not help.
  8.    #8  
    I downloaded the beta version and still no response in even recognizing my treo's connection through USB....under my device manager this is what i get when USB is connected. I don't know if this has any significance or not but here ya go...Any other ideas? Is it bad to soft, or hard reset your treo? For a $600 phone it should NOT be this difficult on the second day of usage/

Did you make the mistake of plugging in your phone before installing ActiveSync?
  10.    #10  
    i don't think so, i downloaded the active sync first from the disk that came with it.

Just from reading all the posts in various threads about the treo wx makes me think twice about it. How can a $600 phone have SO many kinks!!
  11.    #11  
    I finally figured out my problem here guys! It all depended on my Norton Internet Security Settings. Once I turned all the protection off, it allowed my devices to sync. So if anyone else has this problem, turn off your Internet Security.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcaz33a View Post
    I finally figured out my problem here guys! It all depended on my Norton Internet Security Settings. Once I turned all the protection off, it allowed my devices to sync. So if anyone else has this problem, turn off your Internet Security.
    No need to go feast or famine. You just need to open some ports to allow AS to "do it's thing".

http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/symatec-firewall.htm
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)