Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    im looking for a good web browser thats free.. any one??
    Samsung i700 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Motorola Q >> Treo 700w >> Treo 700wx >> Sidekick 3 >> Sidekick iD >> Treo 750
    pie
    What's wrong with PIE? I have tried Opera (not freeware) and Minimo. Minimo is bloated and slow.

My recommendation is to add something like PIEPlus to complete PIE and make sure you have quick dns servers such as opendns.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    What's wrong with PIE? I have tried Opera (not freeware) and Minimo. Minimo is bloated and slow.

My recommendation is to add something like PIEPlus to complete PIE and make sure you have quick dns servers such as opendns.

Anything but PIE+ as stated sucks big time. NetFront, Opera, etc... forget 'em
    any ip's for opendns? and how would you set it up
    I tried Webby for a while, and it was ok, but it didn't really light my world on fire... I ended up just using PIE, even though I wouldn't even consider using IE on my desktop...

If you want to check it out, click here.
    END OF LINE
    logmein
    I installed and used OPERA twice - and did some comparison and almost always noticed that simple pages took much longer to load compared to PIE. I do understand that OPERA has the tabs feature and displays some things better, but to me speed is most important. Am I looking at it incorrectly or just not doing something right?
    Quote Originally Posted by photojunky View Post
    I installed and used OPERA twice - and did some comparison and almost always noticed that simple pages took much longer to load compared to PIE. I do understand that OPERA has the tabs feature and displays some things better, but to me speed is most important. Am I looking at it incorrectly or just not doing something right?
    Same for me. I tried the other (OPERA, Net Front etc..). PIE just works better. It is actually underrated if you know the built in tricks. For example, option + D-pad up/down scrolls by page and option + left right scrolls to top and bottom of the site. Regular d-pad without the option button scrolls by link.

Anyway it is certainly faster. I did add PIEPlus to add certain funv\ctions, like mapping actions to hardware buttons, but I could live without it.

I keep going back to PIE, because it just works better/faster than alternatives.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    If you want to add to the experience, PIEPlus 2.2 is just plain awesome. Adds Tabs and some other nice features on top of PIE. No lag IMO either; long time user on my Treo...
    recently used to Tweaks2K to eliminate PIE Cache completely, and on EVDO, it's about 20-25% faster according to dslreports mobile speedtest (for me anywho...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chr!s View Post
    recently used to Tweaks2K to eliminate PIE Cache completely, and on EVDO, it's about 20-25% faster according to dslreports mobile speedtest (for me anywho...)
    Does this mean you don't cache anything into SD nor Main memory..?? If so, where does your PIE cache goes?
    It probably just holds the current page in program memory. It just never writes anything to storage. Sounds like a good idea. I'll have to try it.

BTW I can vouch for PIEPlus. Been using it for a while now. Works great and I like that it can be configured to use the softkeys just like PIE had it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chr!s View Post
    Open tweaks2k2 and check to see if that option is still checked. When I tried it, it didn't stick...
    ftxPBrowser is a nice free add-on for tabs.
    what's the latest version for PIE? where can i get PIEPlus 2.2?
    I swear but opera, but it runs slow if you don't UPX it.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxdale View Post
    what's the latest version for PIE? where can i get PIEPlus 2.2?
    http://www.reensoft.com/PIEPlus/
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Anyone know the registry edits required for 0 cache?
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Minimo is bloated and slow.
    more like UNusable, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    ftxPBrowser is a nice free add-on for tabs.
    testing it out, so far so good, thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast