Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Those of you that bought the phone already...Is it worth the $750.00+ for the phone unlocked? I want to put it on t-mobile service, but would put it on cingular since i'm still in my 30 day trial with t-mobile and the dash.

Any opinions on what I should do.

Any opinions on where I can buy it NOW at the best price?

-Kyle
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    if you need to use wifi on a daily basis = NO, I would go with the tytn
    if not = yes

I currently have both the 750v and tytn. I live in an area that has no GSM svc in the house. It is a pain in the @ss to have to remove my mini sd storage card each nite and put in the wifi card just to check email. I have left the cards at home in the a.m. by mistake.

On the plus side I have a thb bury installed car kit that works (orig for the t650) and changers, etc. that are nice to have use of..

Just my .02, which I am sure will differ from many others opinions.
    Whether it's worth the price is honestly only something you can judge. Read some of the opinions and reviews here:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=126477 (my review)
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/932-1.htm (treocental review)

On T-Mobile you don't get the 3G data speed so the value is reduced. Personally if I were going to remain on T-Mobile (I used to use them) I would go with the 680 unless you have a preference for Windows Mobile.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Maybe you wouldn't pay $750....but would you buy it now for $550?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Its all subjective...
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

IMO the price is a little steep. If you are someone that wants bleeding edge technology then I guess to each his own. I can't see paying this much since I can get this phone, when launched, on premier for just south of $350 and get it unlocked from Cingular as well.

I am probably going to go with a HP 6925 for the wifi and GPS and buy the 750 when launched. I was going to go wiht the 8525 but I was not a big fan of the sliding keyboard on the 8125 I had but LOVED WM5.
    Well, $350 is probably the price if you want to extend your contract.
  8.    #8  
    What do you mean buy it now at $550? I am thinking about the cingular 680, but it doesnt have a today screen for me to easily look at my appointments and tasks for the day...correct?

I LOVED my WM 700WX from sprint, but because of the text messaging issue, I left them and moved to TMO with the Dash. It is nice, but def not a Treo.

-Kyle
    $750? Are you crazy? Thats almost my rent! lol

Sucks to be a student...
    iPhone 8GB on T-Mo
    No, its not worth 750 yards IMO.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I think it's worth $600 unlocked. $650 at the absolute most.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I think it's worth $600 unlocked. $650 at the absolute most.
    They are going to get all of the suckers who have to have the latest and greatest and the individuals in a device binde...which I agree with. I would do the same. I would wait until the price came down.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    If you have the money and want it, then buy it. You can't put a price tag on personal desire. It can be the most expensive thing in the world, but if you have the means to get it when you want it, then you can always justify reasons for wanting it.

IMO - $750 is steep, but i'll probably buy it anyways just to say i have it.
    I think they are under $600 out of the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    They are going to get all of the suckers who have to have the latest and greatest and the individuals in a device binde...which I agree with. I would do the same. I would wait until the price came down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manaz101 View Post
    If you have the money and want it, then buy it. You can't put a price tag on personal desire. It can be the most expensive thing in the world, but if you have the means to get it when you want it, then you can always justify reasons for wanting it.

IMO - $750 is steep, but i'll probably buy it anyways just to say i have it.
    Need I say anymore...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    I think they are under $600 out of the UK.
    Is that for a locked Voda version? If unlocked, that's a good price!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    All the ones from the UK are locked.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    It's $750 to match the model number.
    I have a 750v on T-Mobile. I paid more than $750 on ebay.

If you are a 650 user - the phone is not worth the extra cash. I would wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoracer View Post
    What do you mean buy it now at $550? I am thinking about the cingular 680, but it doesnt have a today screen for me to easily look at my appointments and tasks for the day...correct?

I LOVED my WM 700WX from sprint, but because of the text messaging issue, I left them and moved to TMO with the Dash. It is nice, but def not a Treo.

-Kyle
    I believe Palm has added thier own version of a "Today" screen the 680. That's one of the few enhancements they did make Phone app/today screen.

Of course it's not the same today screen as you get on WM5 which is well supported and customizable with 3rd party plug-ins. But nontheless it serves it's purpose as a basic day/agenda view. It's just a matter of if you like it or not.
    I did some searching and I found 1 picture of the today screen so far:
    http://blog.treonauts.com/treo_680/index.html
    There is also a 3rd party 'today screen' program:
    http://www.everythingtreo.com/d/revi...w-20060607330/
    As well as a few other 3rd party apps that give you day-type views.
    Last edited by taylorh; 11/06/2006 at 04:58 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast