Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Phone Source USA now has $729 listed. I wonder what they'll be in January since the excitement will have died down a bit?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I saw that, i'm tempted to order it today.......but with my luck cingular's version will be announced next week for December release!
    I feel the 750V is a HUGE upgrade from the Treo 650 in almost every aspect

Volume of calls, quality of radio, multi tasking, voice command (huge upgrade), bluetooth works and works in stereo!, UMTS, form factor, no antenna, etc etc etc.. Palm did a great job with this phone and WM5 is awsome on this device and i was not a WM5 fan!! its fast and very very functional. I got it for $729.00 I figure PALM will sell this unlocked with no contract for very close to that so why not get this??
    I agree with most of your comments. My biggest remaining issue for me is that the bluetooth has some serious problems with the bluetooth in my car. Although with normal headsets it seems fine.

FYI, if anyone is using this with a Mac (like me) you options just improved dramatically. Markspace just released Missing Sync for Windows Mobile 3.0 which is a HUGE improvement over the previous version. It nows adds tons of features and fixes problems from before. I would say it's better than the Palm OS version now frankly. Only problem is a bought one week before their free upgrade date!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Manaz101 View Post
    I saw that, i'm tempted to order it today.......but with my luck cingular's version will be announced next week for December release!
    Cingular's will be locked though, which is why I may not get that one. I would like to see what Palm itself will charge for the unlocked, due to their warranty. Unless Phone Source has a good warranty of it's own.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Cingular's will be locked though, which is why I may not get that one. I would like to see what Palm itself will charge for the unlocked, due to their warranty. Unless Phone Source has a good warranty of it's own.
    do you have reason to believe that Palm would not honor their warranty of a new [750v] product because it's not sold in the US? (just curious...)
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    Quote Originally Posted by dcortez View Post
    do you have reason to believe that Palm would not honor their warranty of a new [750v] product because it's not sold in the US? (just curious...)
    That is a BIG "reason to believe" I must say
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Other people have posted they had trouble getting service from Palm when they bought their Treos from an "unauthorized" place. I don't want to take chances.

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    hopefully, there won't be a need [for me] to contact Palm... so far, i've been very, very happy with my 750v...
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    True, but unlocking a phone is usually $20+ or so.......and if the phone can be bought for say about $500, then it's still a better deal than $700+ unlocked.
    Only if you can stand the Cingular ROM and branding. Unless you are going to flash the unbranded ROM after you unlock it? And those unlocked phones from Phone Source(and other importers) still have a Voda ROM and branding, don't they? I think I may just wait for Palm.

I think the importers are cashing in on the hype and impatience anyway, at this time. This phone is only worth $600 unlocked IMO. After January, the price could come down some. Although I bet Palm will try to get more. But then they have competition with unlocked TyTN for the same price if they try to go any higher than $650.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    No, i'm not going to flash it, my 650 now was/is Cingular....unlocked and still have the Cingy logo and ROM. Doesn't bother me actually, i guess i just became accustomed to it or worked around it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12