1.    #1  
    The AUTD push functionality of my Exchange 2003 sp2 server works fine. New mail gets to my wx within 10 seconds of hitting the Exchange server. However, the 700wx will only update the server with deletions as new mail comes in or when sending mail.

For example, if I delete mail on my wx it will remain on the server until a new message comes it. At that point, the wx tells the exchange server to delete that message.

Why doesn't the wx delete the message immediately off the server? Is this a shortcoming of activesync or can I change a registry setting to force the update sooner? When I was on my 700p with Chatter and SSL IMAP, deletions were processed within seconds.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Weird. What do you have for your deletion settings in pOutlook?

- on connect/disconnect
    - immediately
    - manually

?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    I have Empy deleted items set to "immediately"
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    My understanding is that "push" only happens in one direction, server to device.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    I have Empy deleted items set to "immediately"
    If thats how it is set up, as soon as you delete a message the phone should inititate a sync
    If you have exchange sp2, how are you using AUTD since both the treo and the exchange server support MSFP?

I ask because I would like to use sms based AUTD instead of MSFP.
  7.    #7  
    my bad...its sp2, but not using SMS. I believe there is a way, but I haven't looked into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    If you have exchange sp2, how are you using AUTD since both the treo and the exchange server support MSFP?

I ask because I would like to use sms based AUTD instead of MSFP.
    Same thing. AUTD= always-up-to-date. Exchange (with MSFP) or SMS are just two different ways of obtaining it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Same thing. AUTD= always-up-to-date. Exchange (with MSFP) or SMS are just two different ways of obtaining it.
    thx for the clarification. It's so aggravating that mail2web supports the SMS & MSFP features, but if your client supports msfp, there's no place to specify your preference.