1.    #1  
    UPDATE:: Further updated,

Ok I made a video of it, MAKE SURE YOU CLICK THE LITTLE ICON TO THE RIGHT OF THE VOLUME ICONS, OTHERWISE ITS ALL STRETCHED OUT AND CRAZY LOOKING!

So check it out shows that it is HSDPA on the Treo 750v / Treo 750 there you go I PROVED IT WORKS WELL, There you have it guys I recorded it using Soti Software and put it up on youtube.com, should be working now just uploaded it so it may take a couple minutes more.

Guy just called me and said it will for sure be up on ebay tomorrow (Saturday-Nov. 4) he didn't say when... i don't understand why he's not putting it up yet? anyways if i see it i'll update the post...

let me know if you have any questions, but its pretty self explanatory...

-drakmog

The Guy Called Me Today and said that His EBAY AUCTION will begin by Tomorrow Evening, November 3rd by early afternoon EST (he confirmed it would be on eBay USA not just eBay UK), not sure what the name of it is but im sure it'll be obvious , ill post it if I see its on their site, I know you guys are all anxious...

EDIT::: IT WORKS!!! READ MY POST !!!!!
    Ok HSDPA IS ENABLED!!!!!

They made me sign a confidentiality agreement so i can't share instructions or files here, but i don't think that stuff would help, just read on you'll understand why... sorry =[.

I paid them $85.00 and they immediately sent me an email with full instructions on it. I had to give them my IMEI number (At the Today Screen Type *#06# and wait a second its a 17-digit Number that pops up They made me give them the FIRST 15 digits)... Im guessing the imei number has something to do with getting the HSDPA to work since the stuff my friend had to enter to enable his was slightly different than the stuff I had to enter, even though we bought our Treo's at the same time, with very similar IMEI numbers...

I am on Cingular with an unlocked Treo 750v bought from Vodafone in England, unlocked by me -- and this works VERY VERY well even over tethering (bluetooth and usb) as for the link, they got too many requests -- so he said they are no longer selling it via the website but will be making an Ebay ONE TIME sale, since once more than a few people get it, it will definetly get leaked on the internet some way or another. They supplied me the correct files for both Mac and Windows to update without me even asking which is pretty nice, since I use both and just happen to have my Dell Laptop in for Servicing...

So, the guy said he would post it here? maybe or somewhere ? when its up on Ebay.

I got bursts of 2.9 MBPS with an average of 1.3 MBPS on the Treo 750 itself and 1.5 MBPS via USB Tethering on average upload speeds seemed capped at like 110 kbit/s - 170 kbit/s with bursts into the 300 kbit/s.

Overall works really well, very fast i think its HSDPA 3.6 but i didn't think Cingular had those capabilities yet, however i tested it on Speakeasy.net Speed test, Bandwidthplace.com Speed test, and Dslreports.com Speedtests all with the SAME EXACT results...

So I guess he'll post it once they are ready to make the sale (he said within like the next 24 hours it will be on Ebay), if he doesn't I'll keep checking ebay and let you guys know once the sale starts.

P.S. i can make some screen shots (via my iSight Web Cam) which will be kinda ****ty but you should be able to see the screen, but only if you guys want to see those let me know i'll post them...

Original Post by drakmog on 11-01-2006 @ 6:55pm:

Some UK Site my friend saw said "We can unlock the power of HSDPA (1.8 and 3.6) on your Treo 750v Today! It takes a Download and a couple of System Edits and your IMEI number to FULLY ENABLE HSDPA" (not verbatim my friend was reading it to me over the phone so i just improvised a bit) But it also goes to say it works on ANY UMTS network with HSDPA enabled and works on ANY Treo 750 Locked to Vodafone or NOT.

They want 45 British Pounds for it, and take credit card (so i am assuming I can't get ****ed, since I could just do a charge back if it doesn't work) so thats about $85-$90 US Dollars, you guys think it worth it or have any of you done it? I'll post the url once i talk to my friend again should be within the next couple of hours...

thanks in advance,
    drakmog
    Last edited by drakmog; 11/03/2006 at 10:33 PM.
    can't see the video, though it does say "If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process."

Anyhoo, I saw your post in the other site with these pics from this thread, great numbers.
  3.    #3  
    It works now, had to process it...

Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    can't see the video, though it does say "If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process."

Anyhoo, I saw your post in the other site with these pics from this thread, great numbers.