Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Hey guys; microsoft just released the latest (private) beta for "windows live mobile" and GUESS WHAT! it adds PUSH mail to your hotmail account. You can set it to sync "as items arrive" and it will show up on your "Hotmail" section of pocket outlook, just like regular push mail. awesome!

Also, live messenger is really neat. It blows agile and verichat out of the water. Supports send of files, voice clips, display picture, even the "nudge" function works. on the desktop, your window will shake. On the cellphone it vibrates!

It's also got a real nice today screen plugin, thus completely replacing Pocket MSN. This beta actually "deletes" pocket msn.

Expect a public final relase by year's end. In the meantime check this screenshot!

Looks cool, but unfortunately for me too little, too late.

my hotmail account is my "spam" account (for purchases and untrusted sites) and I know of not one soul who uses Live Messenger (over AIM). I appreciate all the cool features they've added but for me, MSN stuff has long lost the race to become my primary anything.

Should be great though for all the other users.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    drop the link for the download
    yea...can we get the link or pm the cab...thanks
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Hey guys, some misinformation on my part. Push mail has actually been disabled on the server end though it's capable on the current client. They'll turn it on along with the final version.

About sending the cabs. Sorry, I can't really distribute it. But damn, today I was browsing some forums and already found like 2 rapidshare links. I think one was over at Xda-Developers . Go do the hunting and you will find it lol, cant help much further.
    Yeeesh, it's just (free) beta software, not super top secret stuff, lol:

http://rapidshare.com/files/2019250/...5_ARM.zip.html

Or see ppcgeeks if you don't like rapidshare

PPCgeeks/WindowsLive!
    Last edited by Malatesta; 11/05/2006 at 02:46 PM.

I think those might be two different versions of the file. I am testing them out right now. I think the top link is an older beta version.
    Actually, I can't login with the file from the second link...it keeps telling me that it can't connect to the internet although I know that I have internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by laestrella View Post
    I think those might be two different versions of the file. I am testing them out right now. I think the top link is an older beta version.
    they're the same file! I downloaded the one from rapidshare and uploaded to ppcgeeks.

Dates in the zip file indicate an 11/04 modification.

This certainly has NEW features from the previous version.

Quote Originally Posted by laestrella View Post
    Actually, I can't login with the file from the second link...it keeps telling me that it can't connect to the internet although I know that I have internet access.
    ah,that rapidshare link on PPCGeeks IS the old version

I just deleted that link which I missed when I updated that page.

Only use the above rapidshare link or the direct link on ppcgeeks.

Then I must have the older file because 1 looks different...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    ah,that rapidshare link on PPCGeeks IS the old version

I just deleted that link which I missed when I updated that page.

Only use the above rapidshare link or the direct link on ppcgeeks.
    Thanks....I just realized that too
    Is it me or does the Today Live! plugin (the one that displays your status) not play well at all with the Contact Lookup? e.g. I can use 5-way dpad on the Live! plugin, when I get to it, the contact lookup plugin pops up with this weird symbol.

makes the today plugin worthless for actual use.

Jdoc, I hope you do your job as a beta tester and report this!

It also says 2 contacts online when I only have 1 (sigh, no friends, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Is it me or does the Today Live! plugin (the one that displays your status) not play well at all with the Contact Lookup? e.g. I can use 5-way dpad on the Live! plugin, when I get to it, the contact lookup plugin pops up with this weird symbol.

makes the today plugin worthless for actual use.

Jdoc, I hope you do your job as a beta tester and report this!

It also says 2 contacts online when I only have 1 (sigh, no friends, lol)

I have the same error also
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    actually somebody with a treo beat me to it and wrote about it on the forum lol. They are actually aware of the problem and it will be fixed in the final release.

By the way why dont we forum members exchange messenger addresses?
    That would be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdoc View Post
    actually somebody with a treo beat me to it and wrote about it on the forum lol. They are actually aware of the problem and it will be fixed in the final release.

By the way why dont we forum members exchange messenger addresses?
    That would be cool.
    lol, I'll tell you why, between PMs on this board, Sprintusers, ppgeeks (where I mod), and even pdaphonehome, plus all the posts I respond too...I need some respite!

I don't want to talk to you guys on my "off" time...

Glad to hear they're aware of the bug. Look forward to the final release. Now if they could speed up the progam a bit...

I was able to UPX the two main .exe files for the messenger and live program with no side effects, that helps.

On another note with the beta, If you sync your messenger contacts it will break your connection for the Push connection to an exchange server if you have one set up. Just an FYI...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdoc View Post
    Hey guys; microsoft just released the latest (private) beta for "windows live mobile" and GUESS WHAT! it adds PUSH mail to your hotmail account. You can set it to sync "as items arrive" and it will show up on your "Hotmail" section of pocket outlook, just like regular push mail. awesome!

Also, live messenger is really neat. It blows agile and verichat out of the water. Supports send of files, voice clips, display picture, even the "nudge" function works. on the desktop, your window will shake. On the cellphone it vibrates!

It's also got a real nice today screen plugin, thus completely replacing Pocket MSN. This beta actually "deletes" pocket msn.

Expect a public final relase by year's end. In the meantime check this screenshot!

I'm trying to rid myself of verichat. Does this work with the 700p?
    They say the good die young/So I added some "bad a s s" to my flavor and prolong my life over these drums/
    POS
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTongue03 View Post
    Zomg!!!Lazers!!11!1pewpewpew!!!!111!oneoneone
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTongue03 View Post
    In a word, No. Generally, Windows apps won't run on a Palm platform.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast