Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Does anyone know where I can download this beta? I know it's not available for download anymore on the Microsoft Connect site but it has to be available somewhere. Maybe someone can email it to me if they still have it?

I use Windows Live Custom Domains and would really like to use this application.
    Well, if anyone still wants the beta, here is a link to download it. I searched high and low for this.

Updated: LINK HAS BEEN REMOVED.
    Last edited by xpgeek; 02/09/2007 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Sorry everyone, I removed the link in case anything were to arise in regards to intellectual property stuff. After all, the beta is officially over.
    I just installed that file, and while the messenger is definitely a step in the right direction - when I soft reset the device it completely locked up on me....off to hard reset Luckily I have a recent backup
    Quote Originally Posted by pastortroy View Post
    I just installed that file, and while the messenger is definitely a step in the right direction - when I soft reset the device it completely locked up on me....off to hard reset Luckily I have a recent backup
    It works like a charm for me, even after soft reset.

The biggest reason why I wanted this version is it gets me past the default 2k download limit on my Windows Live mail. I can now download the entire message. Supposedly I can get push email but haven't tried that yet.
    The Push Mail feature works!!!!! I installed it last night and set it up and emails come to my phone as soon as they're received.

Couple of problems though...

1) There's no notification when a new message arrives, so that really sucks. In my notifications, I have it set to notify me on new emails, but it doesn't seem to work with the Windows Live...and there's not a separate setting for it that I could see. Does anyone know of a different way to get alerts?

2) I had a Hotmail account setup under the old Pocket MSN. This account still appears in Outlook in addition to the new Windows Live account it created. There's no way I could find to delete the old Hotmail account. Does anyone know how? It doesn't show up in the account list since it was created in Pocket MSN.
    Well it seemed to be working last night, but now it keeps defaulting back to "Manual" instead of "As items arrive".

Not sure if that's a bug or what.
    Scratch that lol.

I just sent myself a test message and it showed up and I got an alert for a new email message So apparently it does work.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Mind me asking where you downloaded the app from? There's so many versions floating around that I have not installed any on my phone.
    Well, it was the link in the post above:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=22

But it looks like that link was removed now

The push mail feature seems flaky. Sometimes I can get it to work and sometimes I can't.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post

The push mail feature seems flaky. Sometimes I can get it to work and sometimes I can't.
    You need to disable the incoming SMS notifications on msn MOBILE. There is a conflict when you have your phone # on file for msn mobile for SMS alerts and when you enable push mail. Try deleting your phone number on record.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdoc View Post
    You need to disable the incoming SMS notifications on msn MOBILE. There is a conflict when you have your phone # on file for msn mobile for SMS alerts and when you enable push mail. Try deleting your phone number on record.
    I've noticed that and I think that's where my problem is.

I can't find where to delete my phone number from MSN Mobile
    Do you have to leave the Windows Live app running in the background for the push mail to work?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I think the option to disable the SMS alerts are not on msn mobile itself but on your genereal msn account preferences... try going in there..

And yeah, the push mail is done by the live application since push hotmail is not natively supported by the OS. You don't have to open messenger, though, just the live app.
    I just deleted my MSN Mobile account (since I never really used it for anything)...

Now I get notifications even without the Live app running, I just have my Outlook running in the background, which I always do. Although the notifications seemed to be delayed a little bit, usually by a couple minutes.
    Just another update...

It seems to work flawlessly with the windows live app and activesync running in the background. i've gotten an alert everytime.

however, leaving the windows live app open seems to use my battery ALOT faster than usual, even if i don't get alot of emails throughout the day.

Its been on for about 12 hours now after being fully charged. I used voice for about 20-30 minutes today. I've gotten about 20 emails (since I've been testing this thing lol), I have bluetooth on but not being used. Other than that I haven't really done much on it and my battery is about 30%. I guess that's not too bad...at that rate I could probably leave an IM client open all the time too lol.
    Does anyone know where I can find this program? All of the links have been removed.

Thanks!
    Last edited by havieri23; 03/15/2007 at 12:16 PM.
    i have a problem with the push mail part. i change mail setting in it to "recieve as it arrives", but it keeps on changing back to default which is "manual" download email. anyone else has this problem
    Quote Originally Posted by havieri23 View Post
    i have a problem with the push mail part. i change mail setting in it to "recieve as it arrives", but it keeps on changing back to default which is "manual" download email. anyone else has this problem
    Mine does the same thing but it still pushes the mail to my phone.

If you look back in this thread, one problem I had was that I had SMS alerts setup for my email which conflicted with the push mail. I had to delete my phone number from the msn mobile alerts and all has been working fine since then.

DO NOT have it sync your contacts!!!!!! I had that setup and about every 1 out of 2 times I would have to soft reset after going to my contacts screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
    Mine does the same thing but it still pushes the mail to my phone.

If you look back in this thread, one problem I had was that I had SMS alerts setup for my email which conflicted with the push mail. I had to delete my phone number from the msn mobile alerts and all has been working fine since then.

DO NOT have it sync your contacts!!!!!! I had that setup and about every 1 out of 2 times I would have to soft reset after going to my contacts screen.
    Can you or someone else tell me where I can set up the push mail feature? I have a Windows Live account and PocketMSN set up on my phone.

Thanks.

EDIT: I figured it out. Not a fan of getting text alerts for email so I'll wait until the push mail is integrated with the mobile hotmail application.
    Last edited by marc8773; 03/29/2007 at 01:13 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast