Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I want my 700wx to behave just like my Blackberry 7100t did.

The LED on the blackberry would start flashing red when an email or message arrived. Once I read the message... the light went out.

Can I set the Treo up to do the same thing? Any apps out there that will?

The LED flashing was the best way for me to know if I had emails waiting. I don't like using sound notifications on the device so I need some sort of visual alert that I have email.

TIA.
    phonealarm lite

www.pocketmax.net
  3.    #3  
    Yeah I saw that. Did some extensive searching too. Phonealarm is a little overkill for what I need (not that I don't mind paying for something that works).

But I don't want it to take over my today screen. I also heard it is a little buggy and can slow down a WM5 device.

Doesn't seem to be any registry hacks out yet.

phonealarm is overkill just for led control. I just noticed that when my wx is on the charger the led will flash for about t0 seconds after a missed call or text message
    phonealarm is overkill just for led control. I just noticed that when my wx is on the charger the led will flash for about 30 seconds after a missed call or text message
  6.    #6  
    That's why I can't believe somebody hasn't hacked this thing yet to get LED control. its such a basic thing yet very useful.
    This would be a great feature that I would really like also.
    How do you disable the LED in Phonealarm? I don't see an option to do it.
    Im not trying to be a smart A## but theres no talent in the 700wx user base to build a simple led software solution.How can I prove this you may think.Take the internet surf in XDA Forums-No one cares about a simple led fix wx style.If your a 6700 owner in XDA you have it made-Led software,Blueetooth software and on and on.The wx users is
    Scre\/\/ed on a LED simple fix so buy phonealarm-It works sometimes on the wx with the extras many dont want.
    Better yet heres a start

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...68#post1054968

It,s the same led software Bruce has in Phone Alarm.If someone can figure out whats missing tieing it into the radio feature are led wx software is had.
    I place the bet it will never happen.
    Last edited by slingbox; 12/19/2006 at 07:45 PM.
    I agree 100% that the 6700 community at xda-dev and pdaphonehome are both far superior to tc in regards to hacking and tweaking.

I was actually just thinking yesterday that it is most unbelievable that we dont have an led controll app yet.

Too bad the wx is vastly superior to the 6700s!
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Im not trying to be a smart A## but theres no talent in the 700wx user base to build a simple led software solution.How can I prove this you may think.Take the internet surf in XDA Forums-No one cares about a simple led fix wx style.If your a 6700 owner in XDA you have it made-Led software,Blueetooth software and on and on.
    Quote Originally Posted by robber
    I agree 100% that the 6700 community at xda-dev and pdaphonehome are both far superior to tc in regards to hacking and tweaking.
    I think you're both smoking crack or don't frequent those forums enough. Pdaphonehome users are a joke. They're complete novices with a handful of good people but there is barely any "hacking" going on their, just reposts from other sites (usually XDA's "general WM5" sections like "development and hacking"). Show me some original pdaphonehome apps or how they could never get threaded SMS for their devices till users here at TC gave it to them. And although Blade is over there, all his apps work on the 700wx and other WM5 devices (though since they use .Net 2, they're awful imo).

XDA is primarily a GSM based user group. No CDMA devices have large followings over there because of this caveat. Now the 750 is GSM but it is a new device and not as available at other HTC devices.

And XDA for the 6700 user base? Please. Yeah this is awesome:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=299

Look at the lively community! (here's the 750 community by comparison)

And FYI there is no LED control for the 6700. You have your default blinking "service" LED and and notifications (btw, the LEDs are sad and pathetic on the 6700--too small). There is no way to disable them without killing the Vibrate on the phone and they have not been able to get around that huge problem.

So please stop talking out of your arse....

The real reason why this control hasn't come out is flat out lack of demand. Only a handful care about this LED control so get over it.

And I think it's a slap in the face to users like hannip, StoryR, mavick and others who have done incredible work here to say that we don't have any "talent". You can thank them and others like Bruce for making the KeyLight toggle, Threaded SMS, HideLogo, WeatherPanel 5-way, plus tons of skins, tweaks, reg hacks and tips.

Go learn some C++, .NET and stop complaining.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 12/20/2006 at 01:19 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Malatest with all do respect this is not about asking members if there smoking crack.This is very simple.There is no one smart enough that uses the treo handset to put together simple LED software and nobody that will take the time in XDA for the wx owners to build it.I know your a big fan of phone alarm as seen in many forum post you carry in every forum possible.Lets cut the crap.It would be nice If you step back and not defend the resion why this simple led software is not avalible.Your making your self look wourse.
    Enjoy the facts and take a drink of water
    lol. You guys are funny. That reverse psychology only works on kids. Malatesta is right. There just isn't enough interest and you surely aren't asking for it in the right way to make anyone with the talent to do it to be interested. It's not that the talent isn't here. Where is the motivation?

And if you think it's so simple to do then do like Malatesta suggests. Do it yourself. What's stopping you?
    Malatest with all do respect this is not about asking members if there smoking crack.This is very simple.There is no one smart enough that uses the treo handset to put together simple LED software and nobody that will take the time in XDA for the wx owners to build it.I know your a big fan of phone alarm as seen in many forum post you carry in every forum possible.Lets cut the crap.It would be nice If you step back and not defend the resion why this simple led software is not avalible.Your making your self look wourse.
    Enjoy the facts and take a drink of water
    I'm just making the point that XDA and pdaphonehome are not the "hacking havens for the 6700" that you make it out to be or that they have it so good. I said nothing about PhoneAlarm in my post.

If this LED thing is soo simple why don't you do it? Who said it would be simple? Do you know anything about software development, programming and system level drivers?

The "fact" is not many people are demanding this, no developer is interested in it. Get over it already or start contacting developers directly and bother them. Better yet, get a new phone.

This TC community isn't some magical place where you can just ask for anything you want and someone will whip it up for you just because you want it so badly (and then you pout when you don't get what you want). What have you contributed here?

If someone wants to do the ground work I wouldn't mind throwing together an app. I know C# and .net both of which, from my understanding, can be used to write mobile device software.

heimlich
    Are you missing something-It is simple to put togther but I dont have the skill to build it.I hope you understand why this thread was put together
    WX USERS ARE TRYING TO FIND LED SOFTWARE.MEMBERS ASK IS THERE,WILL IT,WHY HAS IT NOT BEEN BUILT.
    Inturn I layed out the playing field In my first post also providing the link you found in ppcgeeks over a month ago to the framwork of what could be primed for missed call.voice mail,text message alert,sms led alert on the wx.Malatesta Bruce told me it was the same build he has in PA but as we all know it,s not tied into the radio like his.
    So here we are again.NO LED SOFTWARE FOR THE WX USER
    hmmm why is that? Refer back to my first post.
    Are you missing something-It is simple to put togther but I dont have the skill to build it.I hope you understand why this thread was put together
    WX USERS ARE TRYING TO FIND LED SOFTWARE.MEMBERS ASK IS THERE,WILL IT,WHY HAS IT NOT BEEN BUILT.
    Inturn I layed out the playing field In my first post also providing the link you found in ppcgeeks over a month ago to the framwork of what could be primed for missed call.voice mail,text message alert,sms led alert on the wx.Malatesta Bruce told me it was the same build he has in PA but as we all know it,s not tied into the radio like his.
    So here we are again.NO LED SOFTWARE FOR THE WX USER
    hmmm why is that? Refer back to my first post.
    MEMBERS ASK:

1) IS THERE?: No.
    2) WILL IT? : Maybe
    3) WHY HAS IT NOT BEEN BUILT?
    Not enough interest from users and developers. No motivation to do so. No financial enticement. (this has all been said dozens of times)

Also some users just want a "blinking LED" for the service Radio which I do not think is "easy" while others want LED notifications (which is at least possible e.g. Phonealarm). Two separate things.

How is PhoneAlarm "tied to the radio"? Do you mean for Service LED? B/c Phonealarm doesn't do that or make changes to it.

All I'm saying is coming into this forum or any other and insulting the users ("...theres no talent in the 700wx user base to build a simple led software solution") isn't the way to get this done and makes you look like a brat.

And what happened to that thread at XDA? It just stopped. Did you PM/contact _TB_TB_ or work with him on this at all?
    Last edited by Malatesta; 12/20/2006 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    lol. You guys are funny. That reverse psychology only works on kids. Malatesta is right. There just isn't enough interest and you surely aren't asking for it in the right way to make anyone with the talent to do it to be interested. It's not that the talent isn't here. Where is the motivation?

And if you think it's so simple to do then do like Malatesta suggests. Do it yourself. What's stopping you?
    hannip with all due respect to you since you were the first name typed as the giver to the wx community in malatesta first post followed up storyr and mavric.It,s a great lineup with many software builds for the WX user But come on.
    every forum you enter you will always see the memebrs looking for LED alert control.You guys cant find it,build it or know anyone that can.leading back to my first post
    NO LED SOFTWARE FOR THE WX.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    MEMBERS ASK:

1) IS THERE?: No.
    2) WILL IT? : Maybe
    3) WHY HAS IT NOT BEEN BUILT?
    Not enough interest from users and developers. No motivation to do so. No financial enticement. (this has all been said dozens of times)

Also some users just want a "blinking LED" for the service Radio which I do not think is "easy" while others want LED notifications (which is at least possible e.g. Phonealarm). Two separate things.

How is PhoneAlarm "tied to the radio"? Do you mean for Service LED? B/c Phonealarm doesn't do that or make changes to it.

All I'm saying is coming into this forum or any other and insulting the users ("...theres no talent in the 700wx user base to build a simple led software solution") isn't the way to get this done and makes you look like a brat.
    malatesta You should have drank some water.
    IN YOUR FIRST POST YOU ASKED US IF WE WERE ON CRACK
    Thanks for joining the thread helping the WX owner find a simple led software fix.In Your next post feel free to tell us to get PA
    hmmm funny
    You guys cant find it,build it or know anyone that can.leading back to my first post
    NO LED SOFTWARE FOR THE WX.
    Then can you please stop posting here and other sites since we are of no use for your needs? (you've obviously not given anything to us)

The "you guys are on crack" is a colloquial expression that meant to lighthearted not literal. If you knew American English well enough you'd understand that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast