View Poll Results: Waht are you doing about the Sprint 700wx SMS outage?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing. It hasn't really affected me/I don't care

4 17.39%
  • I called Sprint/Palm and complained

16 69.57%
  • I filed a complaint with the FCC/BBB

2 8.70%
  • I have obtained a replacement device from Sprint until this issue is fixed

1 4.35%
  • I'm done! I cancelled my service w/Sprint

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    So, how have you handled the ongoing issue (now 30+ days!) with the 700wx and it's inability to send text msgs. to other carriers, Google, etc?
    I contacted Sprint numerous times and I filed a complaint to the FCC and BBB as well.
    i have talked with sprint retentions many of times. i bought my wx on sept 1 and can swap it for any other sprint device. my problem is thay cant/will not let me swap back when and if the wx get sms messageing fixed. i feel that this poll option is miss leading due to the fact that no one has been able to temporarily get a different device and then get the wx back later. thay will get you in to a different phone to keep your service but cant keep switching.

i think you (fgkay) should change the poll option from "I have obtained a replacement device from Sprint until this issue is fixed" to some thing like " i had sprint swap my wx for a different device".

unless anyone can confirm that it is possible to temporarily.

thanks, cody
    I cant keep up with the main thread on this issue. Where do things stand? I know that sms works as usual with sprint and cingular. Can we make a list of confirmed works/ not works?
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Filed FCC Complaint and have complained to Sprint many times, received much credit. Remain pissed off.
    Called Sprint twice a week---nothing. Called Palm----nothing. Filed with FCC----nothing. Filed today with BBB----nothing yet.