1.    #1  
    I checked at Frys for the 4 GB card and found these three (non-SDHC) cards.

All there any real differences, or should I just buy the cheapest one?

http://shop.outpost.com/search?searc...card+4+gb&cat=
    I'm using a 700w. I purchased the 4gb DaneElec card from this website. It didn't work and they said it was defective. They sent a replacement; that didn't work either. The Treocentral store lists it as compatible w 700w. That wasn't my experience.

I just received a Transcend 4gb which I purchased from NewEgg. It worked instantly.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Ditto on the Transcend - it works great and it's dirt cheap.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks. I have my order for the Transcend in with NewEgg.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Me too!

Transcend from NewEgg. Works fine and holds all my documents and music.

WCK
    how much does it run for? $80?
  7.    #7  
    Good call guys.

Mine was $84 and was delivered quickly. NewEgg provided tracking, so I new where it was and when I would get it.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    NewEgg has a Transcend 4gb for 61.99 and a 4gb ultra speed for 84.99 Which one did you all get that's compatible?
    I nabbed a "Patriot" 4GB SD card from MicroCenter and it worked out of the box.
    WinMo Veteran: Typhoon, Wallaby, Wizard, Hurricane, Tornado, Apache, Treo 700wx...

Reg edits are like haircuts... Best done by someone who knows what they're doing!
    i have the adata 4g 150X turbo SD......works like a charm right out of the box....been running it for about 6 months or more with NO porblems what-so-ever
  11.    #11  
    I got the Transcend ultra for $84. It works like a champ. I have already loaded several full length movies on it and have plenty of room to spare.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy View Post
    i have the adata 4g 150X turbo SD......works like a charm right out of the box....been running it for about 6 months or more with NO porblems what-so-ever
    Just got this from Newegg and it did not work on my 700Wx. The SDHC type ws the problem I think.

Was yours SDHC, too?
  13.    #13  
    SDHC is not supported. Send it back.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msm_portata View Post
    SDHC is not supported. Send it back.
    I know that now. I had read through the forum for SD card recs, but must have chosen the wrong A Data 4 GB SD card.

Got my RMA for the return today. Unfortunately, restocking fee gets deducted.
    I just installed a SanDisk SDHC 4gb into my 680 and the Info command shows 3.7G of 3.7G free. Not sure where .3 GB (that's 300 mb, right?) went but at least the card works.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonlTreo View Post
    I just installed a SanDisk SDHC 4gb into my 680 and the Info command shows 3.7G of 3.7G free. Not sure where .3 GB (that's 300 mb, right?) went but at least the card works.
    Storage capacites are advertised at round values such as 1 GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. But in software 1 GB = 1,073,741,824 bytes. So when they say 4 GB they mean it has 4,000,000 bytes. But when you divide 4,000,000,000 by 1,073,741,824 you get 3.725.

BTW...why are you posting about your SDHC card reading 680 here...this is the 700wx forums!