1.    #1  
    The AUTD push functionality of my Exchange 2003 sp2 server works fine. New mail gets to my wx within 10 seconds of hitting the Exchange server. However, the 700wx will only update the server with deletions as new mail comes in or when sending mail.

For example, if I delete mail on my wx it will remain on the server until a new message comes it. At that point, the wx tells the exchange server to delete that message.

Why doesn't the wx delete the message immediately off the server? Is this a shortcoming of activesync or can I change a registry setting to force the update sooner? When I was on my 700p with Chatter and SSL IMAP, deletions were processed within seconds.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    The AUTD push functionality of my Exchange 2003 sp2 server works fine. New mail gets to my wx within 10 seconds of hitting the Exchange server. However, the 700wx will only update the server with deletions as new mail comes in or when sending mail.

For example, if I delete mail on my wx it will remain on the server until a new message comes it. At that point, the wx tells the exchange server to delete that message.

Why doesn't the wx delete the message immediately off the server? Is this a shortcoming of activesync or can I change a registry setting to force the update sooner? When I was on my 700p with Chatter and SSL IMAP, deletions were processed within seconds.
    It's because the OTA push only receives emails "as items arrive". Changes that need to go back to Exchange need to be forced back with a "send/receive" or when a new email comes to your phone.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply. I figured it out in another post, but forgot to update this one. I got spoiled with Chatter because I could delete on the server or on the phone and it would update almost immediately in both places.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    well, the thinking is that deletes don't 'need' to be sent back right away - after all, when you delete a message on the handheld while you're traveling or remote, etc, is there really a need to have that delete go back RIGHT THEN to the server? After all, the next message you send or receive will propagate that delete back to the server, so - - there ya go.

I think this way is better since it saves on a little bit of battery life.