1.    #1  
    Cant seem to get it installed. I installed the ibm file from PPC Geeks, but wrhen I try to install the gmail file it asks for the url address of the midlet I would like to install. Any help?

Google maps is installed and working.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Go to www.gmail.com/apps, save the file and leave Open After Download checked, voila!

At least that's how I did it and it work... I had the IBM app closed BTW.
    goto the task manager and kill the IBM process. then retry.

that what i had to do to get it working.
  4.    #4  
    Got it. Thanks huberc.
  5.    #5  
    Now when i try to access gmail it just hangs in between screens within the Java app. Any ideas? How should i be accessing gmail each time? Through the app? Or through PIE?
  6.    #6  
    I deleted and reinstalled and it seems to be working.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    After installation you need to access the GMail app through thr IBM Java app.
    Quote Originally Posted by jschles View Post
    I deleted and reinstalled and it seems to be working.
    it'll probably happen again. I get it to run fine but if I log out of the IBM app or restart my treo, I get a white screen when it loads and nothing happens.

Reinstalling it fixes the problem but obviously that's not a practical solution.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    it'll probably happen again. I get it to run fine but if I log out of the IBM app or restart my treo, I get a white screen when it loads and nothing happens.

Reinstalling it fixes the problem but obviously that's not a practical solution.
    You are correct. That is the best description of what is happening. Not practical, but i use gmail forwarded to 4smartphone, this is more for friends to check their gmail on my treo. Interface is pretty slick though.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Now that you mention it... it's happened to me to, I uninstalled it anyway since I do not use GMail that much.
    Where do you get the IBM file? Do you have a link?
    thanks!