1.    #1  
    Sorry for the new thread but hopefully i can get some answers here? First how do I get Pocket MSN on here, and how do i get rid of the roaming triangle? I tried to look it up in the registry but couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance
    Are you sure it's a roaming triangle, and not the data triangle?
    Just call me Berd.
  3.    #3  
    I'm sure cause on a status line it switches from Rogers www.fido.ca, to roaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian studen View Post
    Sorry for the new thread but hopefully i can get some answers here? First how do I get Pocket MSN on here, and how do i get rid of the roaming triangle? I tried to look it up in the registry but couldn't find it.
    MSN is not available in the Vodaphone ROM; Only on the slightly buggy Cingular ROM:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=280500

For roaming triangle, get a registry editing program. Then:

HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL\DisableRoamingIndicator

Set 1 to disable the triangle
    Set 0 to enable the triangle
  5.    #5  
    Thanks but it's still showing it. How buggy is that ROM? Thanks
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Are you on the Rogers network or the Fido network?

I use a Treo 650 and have the Fido / Roaming issue. This is caused by the Fido network. And I bet if you put in a Rogers SIM you won't get the roaming issue!

How old is your SIM card?

And my worst fear is Fido won't pickup the Treo 750W because of this issue.
    Quite buggy. Not worth the upgrade. Did you soft-reset after the registry edit?
  8.    #8  
    Yes twice, but I remember when I had my T650 it did the same thing. I'm on Fido by the way. At least I got MMS to work send/receive so that's a good sign. Also my Sony Ercisson BT headphones work great with it. But I maybe thought that since it's roaming it may cause the battery to deplete faster? I would it rather not be there. I think they were coming out with a new ROM this week? I really do like this phone a lot. The form factor is just wow. But i really need Pocket MSN on here for my hotmail account. I'm also thinking about buying the Spectec wifi card. What do you guys think about it? Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by djinn View Post
    Quite buggy. Not worth the upgrade. Did you soft-reset after the registry edit?
    What bugs does it have? Mine is working fine with it except for MSN.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    But i really need Pocket MSN on here for my hotmail account. I'm also thinking about buying the Spectec wifi card. What do you guys think about it? Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance.
    You don't need Pocket MSN for your Hotmail account. Just use PIE and the mobile version of Hotmail.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
  11.    #11  
    I know that's what I want is the mobile version of Hotmail. Data is really expensive in Canada, so i was looking into getting the Mini sd WiFi card, and then Use Pocket MSN.
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda View Post
    What bugs does it have? Mine is working fine with it except for MSN.
    Cingular ROM:

- Backlight setting doesn't keep in memory and defaults to "1 min" for battery powered mode.

- Sometimes Today screen loses the "PocketBreeze" plugin and need s theme change to get it back.

- and a few more I can't remember right now.
    Hi there, can you let me know what settings you used to get MMS working? I'm on Rogers, so maybe they will be somewhat similar.

I stay away from Push email given Rogers outrageous data pricing. Its not a big deal for me just to send/receive when I want email.

Thanks

Vancouver

At least I got MMS to work send/receive so that's a good sign.
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
  14.    #14  
    Hey there, just to let you know, I have a Rogers pre paid sim, and I could only send and not receive. I would have to find the settings somewhere for you.