Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Using the IBM MIDlet Java program thing, you can get Gmail now (like how you can get Google Maps)

http://www.gmail.com/app

It runs great!
    Wow, I have to admit...

It's really nice. Just like using regular Gmail but certainly faster than the using the Web/PIE version.

I forward all my gmail to mail2web, but this is a nice option when I need to get to the "main" account.

It even keeps the "message threading" in tact, which is really great.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Does anyone have guidance for installing the IBM MIDlet Java??
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR View Post
    Does anyone have guidance for installing the IBM MIDlet Java??
    http://ppcgeeks.com/google-maps-a-ho...00wx-t953.html

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Will this work with Pocket Outlook? I have my gmail in outlook now, will this be any different/more useful? I have noticed that over the past 2 days, Gmail seems to be pushing my mail to my treo, even though I don't have it set up to get messages automatically. It's been kinda weird.
    Thanks for the link, but that doesn't appear to to help....
    Thanks for the link, but that doesn't appear to to help....
    Why not?

You download the attachment and follow the directions. I just did it myself.

Just repeat for Gmail above.

Quote Originally Posted by jhkaplan View Post
    Will this work with Pocket Outlook? I have my gmail in outlook now, will this be any different/more useful? I have noticed that over the past 2 days, Gmail seems to be pushing my mail to my treo, even though I don't have it set up to get messages automatically. It's been kinda weird.
    No, it's a seperate app: IBM J9/Java Application

Here's what it looks like:

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Why not?

You download the attachment and follow the directions. I just did it myself.

Just repeat for Gmail above.
    I wasn't registered on PPCgeeks. Whoops.
    I wasn't registered on PPCgeeks. Whoops.
    now we gotcha! bwahahaha...

seriously, yeah I forgot to mention that you need to be registered to see the DL files

Nice app, it would be better if they made it a plugin to the POutlook though, otherwise its just a better web version.
    Quote Originally Posted by digital0verdose View Post
    Nice app, it would be better if they made it a plugin to the POutlook though, otherwise its just a better web version.
    agreed. For some reason, Google has completely ignored the WM market.

They just released a PalmOS GoogleMaps app that is very nice and of course there's the Java suite of apps, but nothing coded for WM.

Quite frustrating, but at least we can do this.

Google probably hates microsoft... I don't blame them actually. Where can I find the Java App?
    Actually, I'm glad they're putting out the Java apps. Tons of phones out there come with java support built-in and they run like native apps on some of those platforms. But when it comes to 'smart' phones like Palm OS & WM devices, you have to go through hell to get these apps running.

The way I see it, the stronger the demand, the more pressure there will be for our phone manufacturers to release stock J2ME-compatible devices like the rest of the world.
    Last edited by g-funkster; 11/02/2006 at 01:35 PM.
    Cool App! Hey, is anyone having problems viewing picture attachments? I just tried to view a pic attached to an email and for some reason i received a strange msg "This program requires a working data connection. Please check your signal strength" . I have full signal strength and a working data connection or i wouldn"t have been able to download the email! This is on Sprint.

Should have posted this in the Palm area but i'm curious if it happens for Treo 700w users also.
    Last edited by stevecccc; 11/02/2006 at 01:36 PM.
    anyone having an issue with trying to log back in after logging out? I go back to try and lauch the the app and it just sits there.
    Same happened to me. Not sure what the deal is. Stick with mail2web for the moment.
    Help! When I go to the gmail.com/app page there is no download link and no way to get the app. I have Java installed (it works). Sprint Treo 700p.
    Laissez Faire
    stevecccc,

I just checked: no issues w/ viewing pic attachments. all is well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast