Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I keep the cache on the device, and just use FastCleanup for all my cleaning needs immediately after I use PIE, and sometimes it gets rid of almost 8 mb of clutter, but I haven't had an issue yet with my cache being a problem. It's a great little program, with a miniscule footprint (9k I think?)...

Give it a shot.
    END OF LINE
    I just use memmaid to clear the cache everynow and then. its no real biggie to me.
  3.    #23  
    I use Vicsoft ClearTemp (http://mobile-sg.com/software/?p=ClearTemp&platform=ppc) to clean my PIE cache & history.. ClearTemp is a nice and simple software with many options.
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Furthermore, no application no matter how simple or extravagant works fine for some time and then stops working for no reason. If it does stop working , either you changed something or something got corrupted.
    No one says that it stops working for no reason but this is a known issue. Over time on WM5 and WM2003 SE devices, the hack causes IE to close. It may be due to not cleaning up cache but it has nothing to do with a lack of available RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    No one says that it stops working for no reason but this is a known issue. Over time on WM5 and WM2003 SE devices, the hack causes IE to close. It may be due to not cleaning up cache but it has nothing to do with a lack of available RAM.
    Yes someone says it stops working...

For 100% of users moving cache to the card there is initially no problem. Then after days or weeks PIE spontaneously closes on you!!!!
    I just wanted to mention that it is an incorrect statement to say something doesn't work for 100% of the users.

Can't vouch for all devices obviously, but I have been using my KJAM with WM5 since October of 2005 and the cache re-directed to the storage card. Not once has IE quit on me "unexpectedly".
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Yes someone says it stops working...
    I stated, "no one said it stops working for no reason".
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    I stated, "no one said it stops working for no reason".
    Isn't that what I originally said?

Furthermore, no application no matter how simple or extravagant works fine for some time and then stops working for no reason. If it does stop working , either you changed something or something got corrupted. I am a professional software developer and I have seen it to many times to count.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Yes, you did. Everyone here knows that there is a reason it stops working.

(I'd venture to guess that over 50% of the people on this site work in IT in some capacity.)
    JGold maybe it works fr you because maybe you also have something set to clear your cache.

DINOM0N, Hows it working for ya?
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    JGold maybe it works fr you because maybe you also have something set to clear your cache.

No, nothing set. However, I do run MemMaid's quick clean application from time to time. However, it's no way on a regular basis.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    ClearTemp works great.. It's a very simple program..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    ClearTemp works great.. It's a very simple program..
    Of course we can't know if running your cache from the card eventually causes closing if your clearing your cache.
    No, nothing set. However, I do run MemMaid's quick clean application from time to time. However, it's no way on a regular basis.
    This is ambiguous. The only way to know is to forgo clearing cache.
    So I decided to "test the water" and move my cache to the storage card via tweaks2k2. A day later I was emailed a link, I tried to open the link and as the page was loading, PIE shuts down and I'm starting at the email. And the cache was under 1MB.

I switched it back and everything was fine. Oh well..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12