1.    #1  
    Hello there, is there a way to shut off the data connection permanently? I have the pay by kb plan, and a wi-fi card, so when I bought the phone I just planned on using that. Not knowing it, the phone racked up $24 last month in data. I really don't need to use it, and I have tried changing the number from #777 and sometimes that works, but usually not. Anyone have any ideas? thanks for your time, and great msg board!
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrcrndm View Post
    Hello there, is there a way to shut off the data connection permanently? I have the pay by kb plan, and a wi-fi card, so when I bought the phone I just planned on using that. Not knowing it, the phone racked up $24 last month in data. I really don't need to use it, and I have tried changing the number from #777 and sometimes that works, but usually not. Anyone have any ideas? thanks for your time, and great msg board!
    What I did was to change my connection to "My Work Network"
    That has been working for me.
  3.    #3  
    excellent! that seems to work..i don't know why I didn't try that before, but oh well. thanks!
    People have changed their passwords also to prevent unwanted connections.
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrcrndm View Post
    You mean that Sprint charged you extra for using their Vision plan.. I am little bit confused.. I have Vision and I use the phone to connect to my home pc for internet..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    You mean that Sprint charged you extra for using their Vision plan.. I am little bit confused.. I have Vision and I use the phone to connect to my home pc for internet..
    SOUNDS LIKE HE HAS THE vERIZON PAY AS YOU GO PLAN
  7.    #7  
    yep, verizon pay as you go...i tried changing the pw but it always resets to the correct pw when i do a soft reset...seems like changing to my work network doesn't change on reset