1.    #1  
    Lo there guys,

Noticing how Good mobile messaging works with almost all the old treos. Has anyone tried the treo750v with good? I can't imagine why its not supported (Is it really that different from the 700w ?). Unfortunately Good have no love for the phones available in the UK

Jamie
    I'm using Good on my 750v here in the US (Cingular) and it works great. I think there are others here using Good as well.
    Brandon
    The newest Good client 4.9.1.46 works OK. But, it breaks the today screen look up and breaks the sms address lookup.

Doug
    I'm using it heavily. I think it is a little buggy and has definitely locked the machine up a fair few times. its also slower than it wa on my treo 650 - just not as responsive. you also lose features n the today screen (that worked on the 650) and to send sms you have to go to the goodlink contact then chose to send sms. not critical but neverteless annoying. overall it a a better experience on the 650.
    I am using Goodlink 4.8.1.14_EN on a Treo 750v and it is working very well.
    Does the today screen lookup work with this version?
    I have to confess, I don't know. In anticipation of getting my 750, I exported my Outlook contacts (these are what Goodlink Contacts pulls) and loaded them on to my computer that I ActiveSynce my 750 with. So, I loaded all the contacts into my 750's Contact folder.

I do look ups from the Today bar, but never stopped to think about where they come from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Does the today screen lookup work with this version?
    Nope, still doesn't work.
    Brandon
    using Goodlink on 750, today lookup works fine
    There are many threads discussing these issues in the Goodlink forums. Come on over and commiserate.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Man why would anyone use Good when Exchange ActiveSync does just as good (heh) a job, and it uses all the native apps and databases. (Lotus Notes and Groupwise users exempt from this rant)

Yes I know - 'my IT only supports Good' - but those IT folks need to wake up and see that middleware is dying a slow death, at least if you're on Exchange 2003 or later.

I was a Good user, and couldn't stand the way it took over my device. I'm now on EAS and loving life. Instant push - all over the air sync - all the built in goodness of the device - just as the device was designed.

Bye, Good. Nice to have known you.
    I can answer the last post: speed and layout. when I had the 750 (i went back to a 680) I tried both EAS and Good. the Good email app is in my opion far superior to WM Inbox providing one line emails and a preview pane. scrolling up/down was faster on Good. searching was faster on Good. most impotantly I have 500 notes (i use the Outlook Note App as a kind of database). with Good I can move up/down through the notes. Ever tried to work with 500 WM Notes??? its sloooowww and impossible. I tried to find a 3rd party notes app that would also synchronise with Outlook (even offline) but unlike POS (where there is an app called KeySuite) there is nothing for WM.

Finally I have 4000 contacts and the lookup feature on WM was much slower (especially on incoming calls).

actually I also disliked the 750 because of the screen resolution AND WM5 generally..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic View Post
    I'm using Good on my 750v here in the US (Cingular) and it works great. I think there are others here using Good as well.
    I also have the 750v on Cingular & have problems with my device locking up. I have been trying to troubleshoot to figure out where the problem is. Good works great on my TyTn.

Can you tell me?

1) What your "connection" settings are
    2) What Cingular Data Plan you're on
    3) Programs loaded
    4) What Goodlink version your running (client & server)

I sure would appreciate if you could let me know-
    Thanks,
    Tde
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    I can answer the last post: speed and layout. when I had the 750 (i went back to a 680) I tried both EAS and Good. the Good email app is in my opion far superior to WM Inbox providing one line emails and a preview pane. scrolling up/down was faster on Good. searching was faster on Good. most impotantly I have 500 notes (i use the Outlook Note App as a kind of database). with Good I can move up/down through the notes. Ever tried to work with 500 WM Notes??? its sloooowww and impossible. I tried to find a 3rd party notes app that would also synchronise with Outlook (even offline) but unlike POS (where there is an app called KeySuite) there is nothing for WM.

Finally I have 4000 contacts and the lookup feature on WM was much slower (especially on incoming calls).

actually I also disliked the 750 because of the screen resolution AND WM5 generally..
    I guess everyone has their own opinions but I felt the exact opposite about Good.

I felt it broke the built-in goodness of the device (and I think others in this thread are seeing much the same thing). I thought it broke the Today screen goodness, along with all the rest of the built in app-interworkings. Plus, from an IT perspective, we like not having to support or maintain any other middleware servers, since EAS is just 'there' with our Exchange server. No extra 'stuff' needed - no CALs, no extra hardware - nothing.

And like we saw yesterday with RIM, depending on someone else for your mail infrastructure (Good has the same NOC model as RIM) is just no way to run your business. At least that's how we see it. But hey - everybody has their own gig. It's cool man.
    I just loaded 4.9.3.21 on my device. Now I cannot link a specific ring tone or picture to a caller---the speed dial by picture won't work. On 4.8 contacts used the Pocket Outlook contacts now Good takes them all & doesn't give the opportunity to add pictures or tones. Is this consistent with others experience?
    If you have been using Goodlink/GMM for any amount of time this should be no surprise to you. Although not official from Good, their policy seems to be to introduce one break for each fix.

Seriously though, it is true that 4.9.x does introduce a new series of problems along with a few good fixes. Although they recognize these issues and vow to fix them, they will not give an ETA on any of the issues you mentioned.

The bottom line is that if you are not forced to use GMM by your company or for some other reason, do not use it. I would certainly trade some of the downsides I hear about EAS just to have my $500 device back and stable. But if you cannot ditch GMM for whatever reason just hold on tight, because the ride will continue to be bumpy.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    I am an IT manager, former bby user, and current Good user (v4.9.2.30), I have run Good on the 600, 650, 680, and now the 750. I have to say the 680 is a POS and should be avoided. The 650 was a workhorse but has its well known shortcomings. Getting used to WM is a shock after the ease of the Palm but if you configure your buttons and settings, I find it works just as well, and Good seems just as stable if not more than on the 650, and the 750 is definitely faster. I got the 2400mah battery after my experience with the pathetic 680 battery.
    On EAS vs Good, i have to say EAS just isnt ready for deployment to large groups of devices. The central device management is poor to non-existent, security is weaker, and the configuration is already proving to be flakey. If MS gets serious and delivers a fleet management console of some kind, then bby and Good will have some serious competition. Until then, its just no comparison.
    -peter