1.    #1  
    Ok, first attempt with any BT device. The 'puter is using a USB BT thingy, Kensington controlled by WIDCOMM bluetooth software.

I can pair the devices however ActiveSync does not show up in the Treo's partnership settings for the partnership with the computer.

Is it a COM channel issue? As the 'puter ActiveSync is set to COM 3 with drop down options of/additionally COM1,5,6. The Treo however only offers BT COM ports of 0,4,7,8 for incoming and outgoing connections.

I'm at a loss. I've read all I can and can find no new path to try. Lil help for a BT tard?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Ok, first attempt with any BT device. The 'puter is using a USB BT thingy, Kensington controlled by WIDCOMM bluetooth software.

I can pair the devices however ActiveSync does not show up in the Treo's partnership settings for the partnership with the computer.

Is it a COM channel issue? As the 'puter ActiveSync is set to COM 3 with drop down options of/additionally COM1,5,6. The Treo however only offers BT COM ports of 0,4,7,8 for incoming and outgoing connections.

I'm at a loss. I've read all I can and can find no new path to try. Lil help for a BT tard?

Thanks.
    You need to do more than just pair the devices. First question: Did you follow the instructions in the ActiveSync help? They're pretty detailed and worked for me:
    Microsoft ActiveSync Help

Connect to ActiveSync using Bluetooth

To use a Bluetooth connection, do the following:

Step 1 Set up a Bluetooth COM port (link to more details)
    Step 2 Set up ActiveSync to use the Bluetooth COM port (link to more details)
    Step 3 Start Bluetooth sync from your device (link to more details)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    You need to do more than just pair the devices. First question: Did you follow the instructions in the ActiveSync help? They're pretty detailed and worked for me:
    Microsoft ActiveSync Help

Connect to ActiveSync using Bluetooth

To use a Bluetooth connection, do the following:

Step 1 Set up a Bluetooth COM port (link to more details)
    Step 2 Set up ActiveSync to use the Bluetooth COM port (link to more details)
    Step 3 Start Bluetooth sync from your device (link to more details)
    I appreciate your input but in following the directions you quote above there is not a same COM port number on the device and in the connection settings of ActiveSynch, as I pointed out in my original post.

So I guess my question should be restated to how do I open a COM port on the pc for ActiveSync which is within the list I have on the device?
    I believe a solution was found when you set up your PC to use Microsoft bluetooth drivers, instead of WIDCOMM. Search this forum, I had seen it in an old thread.