Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got my miniSD card for my 750v unlocked.

Tried to install the maps and the TomTom6 application to it (which it did fine). However, my 750v says "Your device is not compatible with this version of TomTom NAVIGATOR". Too bad.

I'll need to contact TomTom.

Any thoughts.

I was hoping this would work because I lost my preloaded SD card with maps when I lost my Treo650.
  2.    #2  
    It looks like TomTom6 will eventually support Treo 750.
    They now have a web posting for TomTom 6 and it comes with maps preloaded on a miniSD card - unlike the version sold by Palm.

I didn't see information on what mobile devices are supported.
    I manged to get TomTom6 working on my 750v with out much trouble. This is how it worked:

- I moved the SD card files over from the DVD to the miniSD card.
    - Re-inserted the miniSD and the application autoinstalled.
    - The installation added a TomTom launch button to the bottom of the Today screen.
    - Problem: Clicking the TomTom button didnt launch the app.
    - Workaround: go into your programs folder and copy the TomTom executable file, then navigate into your Start Menu folder and paste a shortcut. TomTom now shows up when you hit the start button and launches with no problem.
    - Rest of the setup was easy and bluetooth connection to TomTom GPS was flawless. Application was responsive. The best bit was the it very quickly synch'd with TomTom Traffic and TomTom Weather.

Hope this helps
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I tried this with TomTom 6, but did not get the same results. When the miniSD is inserted I got a message that "this version of TomTom is not compatible". I've tried several work arounds but with no success.

TomTom 5 did not give me the same message but still would not launch.

11/15 - I now have been able to install TomTom 5.21 successfully on the 750v. Installing the update made it happen and I did not have to re-link the short cut as describe in the brk tnk's comment above.
    Last edited by ostinato; 11/15/2006 at 08:15 PM.
    Worked fine for me, but I installed differently.

I took the miniSD card from my 750 and mounted it directly on my Mac. Then I used TomTom Home to do the install to the card. I started the Home app, and told it to look for devices. It found the miniSD card and used it. I told it to install the Pocket PC app and a bunch of maps to the miniSD card. Then I put the card into my Treo and the app installed. Everything seems fine, even the button on the Today screen.

Note that when I installed and ran the Home app for the first time, it found an update on the TomTom site and installed it. Perhaps that fixed the Today screen issue.

Nice to see that TomTom supports the Mac much better now. I read through the details of what people did to install TomTom 5, and this was a snap in comparison.
    TomTom 6 works for me too. No issues here. Mapopolis also works great.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by brk_tnk View Post
    I manged to get TomTom6 working on my 750v with out much trouble. This is how it worked:

- I moved the SD card files over from the DVD to the miniSD card.
    - Re-inserted the miniSD and the application autoinstalled.
    - The installation added a TomTom launch button to the bottom of the Today screen.
    - Problem: Clicking the TomTom button didnt launch the app.
    - Workaround: go into your programs folder and copy the TomTom executable file, then navigate into your Start Menu folder and paste a shortcut. TomTom now shows up when you hit the start button and launches with no problem.
    - Rest of the setup was easy and bluetooth connection to TomTom GPS was flawless. Application was responsive. The best bit was the it very quickly synch'd with TomTom Traffic and TomTom Weather.

Hope this helps
    Thanks for your reply. I tried to do exactly as you stated and it didn't work. It states "Your device is not compatible with this version of TomTom NAVIGATOR!" Do you have any other suggestions? I'll try the Mac way in the meantime.
    I tried both methods suggested and TomTom Navigator 6 does not work on my Treo 750v. I own the TomTom 6 package compatible with the 650, 700p, 700w.

Tried copying the contents for the included SD card to my mini SD card, no luck. And tried installing/copying the maps by running the setup from DVD which do the samething of copying the maps and application to the mini SD card, no luck.

I don't care how many times I reinsert the mini SD card the same error occurs...

"Your device is not compatible with this version of TomTom NAVIGATOR!"

Does anyone have detailed instructions on how to make this error go away and get TomTom 6 fully functional on the Treo 750v?
  9.    #9  
    Yeah, tried the load the software (maps, applications and voice) off the TTN6 DVD with my Mac and I get the same problem. It doesn't recognize TomTom6.

I suspect it has to do with file Storage Card>2577>TTN

It goes throught the motion of "Installing TTN.CAB ..." and prompts that my device is not compatible with TomTomy Navigator. Then it says "Installation of TTN.CAB was unsuccessful."

I don't know how or why some people have it working.http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/confused.gif
    I think you two fellas out there are pulling our legs.

Or you don't have the 750 (maybe the 650 or 700) or TomTom 5.

I'm going to try to get TomTom 5 working on my 750 today.
    Quote Originally Posted by jambosimba View Post
    I think you two fellas out there are pulling our legs.

Or you don't have the 750 (maybe the 650 or 700) or TomTom 5.

I'm going to try to get TomTom 5 working on my 750 today.
    I'm not sure if I'm included in that "you two fellas", but I assure you that I have TomTom 6 installed successfully on my 750v. I am having difficulty with my BT GPS device (detailed in a separate thread), but I think that's an issue with the Bluetooth stack, not TomTom 6.

You can choose to disregard this information, of course. No loss on my end.
    Did you do the install to the miniSD card using TomTom HOME? I did not try to manually copy the files over to the SD card, as I said in my earlier post - I installed TomTom HOME to my desktop and then ran TomTom HOME to install the app and maps to the miniSD card. Worked fine.

I'm using a 2Gb SanDisk miniSD card, running TomTom HOME on a Mac. Mounted the miniSD on my Mac as a drive, then TomTom HOME recognized it as a valid "device" to do the install onto.
    I do not have TomTom HOME on my version of TomTom 6 which is the bundle version for the 650/700p and 700w. I have a DVD which allows me to install/copy the files to a memory card or to a location on my hard drive. I assume you have the non-Treo version of TomTom 6 (software only). Mfg. Part Number is 3263N pictured here...
    http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4120449
    Please let me know which mfg. part number you're using. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Is there any way to only install certain states onto the SD card for tomtom 6?
    Having similar issues getting Navigator 6 running on the 700wx. Was told by TomTom CS that it's not compatible with the wx only the w. Maybe the same case with the 750v

I have been told that the 'manual' install works, but I havent had any luck. Mine simply won't start - it goes through the install process, then shuts down.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quick aside for the Tomtom thread.

If you're a fun of Eddie Izzard, you can download his voice for your sat nav device. How cool is that!

https://www.eddieizzard.com/thingie_things/tomtom/
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I just noticed that the Treocentral store is selling TomTom6 for the 750. I checked the product number for it against the versions they are selling for the 650 and 700w. It is the same. The TomTom site shows no update for the 750, so this leaves several obvious questions like why are they selling it for the 750 when TomTom says it is not compatible? I'll follow up tomorrow.
    I bought the software-only package, with no GPS device. I don't have the product number on hand. The DVD has TomTom Home for Windows and MacOS, the handheld apps for PalmOS, Windows Mobile and Symbian, plus all the maps and voices.
    If you use TomTom HOME on your desktop, you can pick and choose which maps to install on the card. If you bought TomTom on its own SD card, then all the maps are on there to start, and you'd have to pull them off somehow.
    The TomTom Windows Mobile app itself is compatible with the 750 (I have it running on mine). The process of getting it installed seems to be the issue. If you can try installing it using the approach I described above, it might work for you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast