1.    #1  
    I am a chronic tinkerer. I get so excited about finding a new piece of software for my Treo and playing with it, even if only for a few nights. At the same time, I am enamored with Spb Backup and am constantly looking to make the perfect image of my device. This becomes a vexing problem, as I am always redefining what "necessary" is...

My brother-in-law said something to me that applied globally to my addiction to technology, but could most specifically be applied to my phone. He is a geek too, but he is more content to get something working and stick with it.

He said: "I almost feel bad for you, because you get it working really well, better than you thought it was going to, and then you $%#@ with it and in the course of making it better, make it worse, at least temporarily."

Mind that he said it with the utmost deference, as I keep our business up and running.

But it made me think: is there anything wrong with always changing the way we use our technology? I mean, there is something to be said for getting a working method and using it, without modification, to its best ends, but in many cases, especially involving my phone, I am so infatuated with the awesomeness of the ever-evolving technology involved, I can't put it down. Honestly, half the apps I have on my Treo I don't use all the time, but the knowledge that I have anything I need, when I need it, and finding something I didn't know I needed is often the absolute highlight of my day.

I don't know what that says about me as a person, but I think many of us can derive the same pleasure from that discovery... My phone is my link to success, fun, productivity, and much more. I feel like it should be growing and changing, as my needs change...

So, I ask of you, fellow forum lovers,

What do you think? Am I crazy? Or is there something ultimately wonderful and satisfying about the neverending game we play with changing and upgrading our mobile technology?
    END OF LINE
    I think most of the TC members can associate with what you are saying.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I tinker all the time with my devices, though the 700w a little bit less because I use it generally for work. Ben
    You need help, man. We all do. But if you start re-defining "the," or rewashing clean hands, it's time for the heavy meds. That's called OCD.
    This is why we all felt the need to constantly check Internet forums for our phones...

BTW- I never use backup programs. Waste of time for me. Im always changing something
    never stops...ever

BTW real men don't back up...well I thought so till I started messing around with the 700wx. Now I do.