1.    #1  
    I purchased the 700w last week knowing about the memory issues. I'm not a power user, nor do I have any apps installed. I have an 1Gb SD card and run Activesync in the background for connection w/ the Exchange server at work. No other apps are running nor installed. My program memory now reads 1.7mb.

I tried to open Windows Media Player and I get the error that "There is not enough memory, WMP must close".

The question is, how do I open any programs it I can't even get the native installed ones to run?

Thanks,
    Boris
    I had the same issue, so I had to remove OXIOS memory and MagicButton, if you have them installed.. If not, just do a soft reset..
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Actually both of those programs should help you. You probably have opened many programs but when you tap the X in the corner you don't close them, you just minimize them. That will keep them in your memory and use it up. Magic button will change that behavior and actually close the programs. Oxios will help recover memory leaks. I use both of them to keep me cleaner.

I just did a soft reset and I have 10.27MB of program memory free and I'm running PhoneAlarm Lite, WeatherPanel, Magic Button, Hide Logo, Today Agenda, and Battery Meter. I also use ActiveSync thru my Exchange server.

Greg
  4.    #4  
    According to the setting/memory, I only have Activesync running. Are there other apps running that are not visible, ie. Windows XP style?

Thanks.
    Boris
    Quote Originally Posted by bkaushansky View Post
    According to the setting/memory, I only have Activesync running. Are there other apps running that are not visible, ie. Windows XP style?

Thanks.
    Boris
    What do you have on your today screen? Those plugins take up memory.
    What do you have in your Startup list? Like XP, some processes are not visible.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Do a soft reset and see what your free program memory is. If you have nothing installed or running and you are at 1.7MB free, sounds like you need a phone replaced.

Greg
    Check voice command

Start-settings-voice command (all the way down)

Leaving this enabled with all options uses 4-6 MB of RAM, last I checked. That is HUGE
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Good idea. I disabled mine because I wasn't really using it.

Greg
    Last edited by GregE; 11/01/2006 at 02:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    Good idea. I diabled mine because I wasn't really using it.

Greg
    WHat was the difference? (For research purposes only)
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    WHat was the difference? (For research purposes only)
    Sorry, I don't remember.
    Also, try a the video player "tcpmp smartphone 0.72RC1" doesnt use that much memory.