Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    I continue to get this error when trying to sunc my Treo 700w to Exchange:

    "Your account in Microsoft Exchange Server does not have permission to
    syncronize with your current settings, Contact your Exchange administrator"

    Support code 0x85010004.

    I have checked all the Exchange server configs, installed the SSL cert on the PDA, and all Treo ActiveSync settings are correct.

    Anyone know the magic ingrediant I am missing?

    Thanks,
    BB
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
    I continue to get this error when trying to sunc my Treo 700w to Exchange:

    "Your account in Microsoft Exchange Server does not have permission to
    syncronize with your current settings, Contact your Exchange administrator"

    Support code 0x85010004.

    I have checked all the Exchange server configs, installed the SSL cert on the PDA, and all Treo ActiveSync settings are correct.

    Anyone know the magic ingrediant I am missing?

    Thanks,
    BB

    I'm assuming you are using Exchange 2003, right? I can tell you the only way we got ours to work was to call MSFT's tech support so they can do a LiveMeeting to your registry. They have to make a tweak for this. Can't remember what they did. They were moving too fast.
  3. #3  
    sounds like a cert issue. did you install it or just transfer it on to your device. You have to locate it and actually install it.
  4. #4  
    Yes, I think the cert issue is likely it. The bad thing about codes such as "0x85010004" is that they are unintelligible. The good thing about them is that if you ask Mr. Google what "0x85010004" means he usually has a very specific answer.

    I've had issues with Exchange Server sync for my MDA, SDA, and Dash. Almost invariably it has been the SSL certificate. Those are more difficult to deal with.

    Frequently though I get sync issues unexpectedly. Mr. Treo synced OTA just fine yesterday, doesn't today. These are traceable to updates on the server waiting to be installed. Do the install, reboot server, and sync issues disappear. I don't know why that is. Something Microsoft does, I'm sure, to make you annoyed or maybe just let you know that you need to install the automatically downloaded updates.
  5. #5  
    Had syncing problems also when setting up OWA for our Exchange 2003. Had several occurances of errors (don't remember if it was the same code, but it looks familiar). Our comm's guy had similar issues.
    Found that I just had to delete the newly formed sync account from the treo and set it up again...worked just fine for both of us afterwards.
  6. #6  
    I too had problems with my mda and the dash. My company has premier support with Microsoft who could not figure out the problem. But thanks to Mr. Google, I was able to find the answer. I can't remember the exact code, but that one does look like it. I found that it was a known issue with some devices and required a registry hack on the mda. With the Dash, however, I found that everytime I would sync via usb and then disconnect, it would not allow the data connection to restart without a soft reset and hence activesync could not sync up. never found out what the problem for the dash was. I'm on the tytn now and no problems.
    Waynew73

    (m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!

Posting Permissions