Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Things just keep gettin' better! Thanks again!
    Ok I am going to have to do this tonight after my hyped up on suger nephew is in bed. This is a great new addition.
    "We must all fear evil men, but there is an evil we must fear most. And that is the indifference of good men." -- The Boondock Saints.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    What am I doing wrong. I imported the reg key using Resco and I have the SMS option which pops up "SMS" and "Messaging". If I select "Messaging" it goes to Outlook. If I select "SMS" it does nothing.
    I had the same problem until I did a couple of resets. Thanks levinda & Malatesta!
    I've been using softkeyapplet (attached) to do this:

All you have to do is copy the .cpl file in the zip file to the \windows folder and then you go to Start->Settings->System and there will be an item called Soft Key where you can configure it.

I haven't tried configuring the Right soft key with it but I know the left soft key can be changed using this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    I've been using softkeyapplet (attached) to do this:

All you have to do is copy the .cpl file in the zip file to the \windows folder and then you go to Start->Settings->System and there will be an item called Soft Key where you can configure it.

I haven't tried configuring the Right soft key with it but I know the left soft key can be changed using this.
    Does that only allow 1 function though or does it also give you a sub-menu?

Although some may prefer a complete takeover by 1 app, I like the 2 way system now where I can choose which mail or SMS.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    it doesn't completely overtake it, it does the same thing that is shown on the first post, adds the second menu over it.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    "I've been using softkeyapplet (attached) to do this:"

I used the app and when I try to select the new msg program from the menu, it doesnt work. It says that it is missing components or something. I am guessing that the extention to the new app isnt listed. Any way to fix that?

Thanks.
    I put this in tonight, and it is working wonderfully. No issues so far.
    "We must all fear evil men, but there is an evil we must fear most. And that is the indifference of good men." -- The Boondock Saints.
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970 View Post
    Works on the Treo 750v as well (with changes):

On the 750v the 112 key was already there with "calendar.exe" on the Open value. Had to modify and then soft-reset to apply.

Thanks!
    I was wondering my it went to the calendar after the cab install.. after a soft reset the 750V works just like my 700wx..
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    This is what was missing so threaded messaging could be complete!

Excellent job
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12