1.    #1  
    I know this info is probably somewhere on here. I can't seem to put my MP3 songs that I have on Itunes on my phone. Is there a way to convert the file or do I have reload everything. One of the reasons I bought the phone was so I could put my music on it and give my husband my Ipod. I wanted an all in one device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavipb View Post
    I know this info is probably somewhere on here. I can't seem to put my MP3 songs that I have on Itunes on my phone. Is there a way to convert the file or do I have reload everything. One of the reasons I bought the phone was so I could put my music on it and give my husband my Ipod. I wanted an all in one device.
    You can listen to anything that you didn't purchase on iTunes. You simply open up itunes and ctrl select the songs you want on your phone. You can't select playlists. Then drag those songs over to a folder on you sd card that you've opened with active sync exlplore. After you've dragged the files over open wmp and go to "update library." That should do it.
    What do you mean by "can't put them on" your Treo. You physically can't copy them over, or they copy over but won't play?

Are you sure they're mp3s? If you used Itunes to rip them, I believe it defaults to AAC format. And if they're songs you bought from the Itunes store, they're not just AAC files, but DRM (digitall rights management) copy protected files. If it's music you ripped from CDs, and they're not in MP3 format, you'll have to re-rip them. Itunes can do this for you. If they're mp3s from some other source, you shouldn't have any problem. If they are songs downloaded from Itunes, you're pretty much out of luck. I think pTunes will play AAC files, and if you search around on the web you may find a program to stick the copy protection off of the Itunes files. But that's the only way you'll get them to play.

If you don't think the above is your problem, then let us know how are you trying to put them on your Treo?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    You may have to do some converting, depending on what kind of encoder you were sing within iTunes to import. Or use something like TCPMP, which can handle just about anything. But it's really just a matter or drag and drop to a storage card, as was said earlier.
    END OF LINE
    Keep in mind you can always burn downloaded itunes to cd and then rip them back to plain old mp3.

Tedious but do-able.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Keep in mind you can always burn downloaded itunes to cd and then rip them back to plain old mp3.

Tedious but do-able.
    Of course, but you wouldn't want to circumvent the foolproof FairPlay DRM, would you?

But let's not get into the old debate over breaking DRM, because that's been covered already, in great detail, in plenty of other posts.
    END OF LINE
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all the help. I was trying to put the songs I bought from Itunes on my treo. I figured I could always burn a cd but hoped there was an easier way. Thanks again.

By the way If I Bought and Paid for the music It is mine to listen to on whatever I want as long as I do not share it or give it away. IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavipb View Post
    Thanks for all the help. I was trying to put the songs I bought from Itunes on my treo. I figured I could always burn a cd but hoped there was an easier way. Thanks again.

By the way If I Bought and Paid for the music It is mine to listen to on whatever I want as long as I do not share it or give it away. IMO
    I think a lot of us feel that way about the music. I know I do.
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    I think a lot of us feel that way about the music. I know I do.
    I don't.
    ...and I'm an avid iTunes & iPod user.
    Gavipb and Alienwhere are absolutely right.* The supreme court of the U.S. has affirmed that right, too. The only issue is that the Millenium copyright act has made it illegal to break encryption designed to prevent copying.

So it's legal to make a copy of your iTunes purchased song to play on your CD player, or your computer, OR a Treo. What's illegal is using software that removes the DRM from the iTunes song. But Apple expressly approves removing the DRM by burning a CD, so once that's done you CAN legally play it on any other device, as Gavipb said.

Seems sort of a gray area (to say the least) that you can legally play it on your Treo if you burn a CD and re-rip, but not if you just remove the DRM without re-ripping it.

*You can also legally record radio broadcasts and TV shows and replay them, as long as you do it non-commercially, for your own use. And as long as you don't break any encryption used for copy protection. So I can legally record a movie transmitted from my cable provider, or rented from a video store, to an analog recorder, and then re-digitize it to DVD and watch it as often as I want.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Apple expressly approves removing the DRM by burning a CD, so once that's done you CAN legally play it on any other device,
    Really? I've never seen any statement like that from apple. Please feel free to correct me with the citation.

I'm well aware of the ability to record things that are broadcast over the airways. That's a completely different scenario.