1.    #1  
    I'm not too fond of having the Vodafone carrier logo on the front or back as I don't get paid for advertising for them and it would look much better/cleaner with no logo.

The logo on the back shouldn't be a problem as I understand it's on the battery cover which can be replaced. But has anyone tried to remove the logo on the front? I found some tutorials on how to remove logos off PDAs/phones with a sugar cube ,but apparently it works only on metal/plastic cases. What kind of material is the area with the logo on it? Any brave souls willing to give this a shot to see if it takes anything off?

The Tutorials:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/EFHU...2SMP/?ALLSTEPS
    http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=237016
    I think you should try it first! Just kidding. It actually doesn't bother me a whole lot but it would be nice to take it off.
    Brandon
    I actually don't mind the logos, they are subdued and classy. I don't see any way you would get them off without damaging the finish.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  4.    #4  
    I don't have mine yet, but once I get it I'll definitely give it a try! It doesn't bother me that much either, but it would just be nice to be able to take it off anyways for a cleaner look. I'm not a fan of carrier logos/branding on phones overall--classy or not.

Is the front frame where the logo is located made of plastic? Also can anyone tell me if you feel the paint when you rub your fingernail over the logo?

I guess no one wants to give the sugar cube method a shot!

BTW, how difficult would it be to change the housing later on? I guess that would be another option.
    Last edited by camsd85; 10/30/2006 at 08:38 PM.
    The metal around the screen seems to be the same type that's used on the 650 and 700. Yes, I can feel the paint on that part when I rub my fingernail over it.

I would think the back would be more of a concern cause it has that "special" paint that makes it feel rubbery (is that a word?). I don't think people have dealt with that type of finish before.

As for replacement shells, I'm sure they'll come out soon enough but this is the first time they've come out with this design so I would think replacement shells are gonna be hard to find for awhile.
    Brandon
    Ok, I tried it (to remove the Cingular Logo off my Treo 650) and...

...the sugar crystals started scratching the area around the blue facia...

...at which point I gave-up the whole experiment.

Looks like the paint on the Treo facia is very fragile.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Ok, I tried it (to remove the Cingular Logo off my Treo 650) and...

...the sugar crystals started scratching the area around the blue facia...

...at which point I gave-up the whole experiment.

Looks like the paint on the Treo facia is very fragile.
    That's disappointing...sorry to hear about the scratches. Thanks for giving it a try.

Anyone ever try to replace the housing on a 600/650 or 700w? Is it hard? I guess it would void the warranty....
    Any succesful attempts at this yet I use my 750v with T-Mobile and cant stand the Vodafone branding. Anyone know anywhere to get an unbranded battery cover aswell yet?
    try using white out it works great