1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there's a known issue with email alerts & notifications using EAS Direct Push. I notice that emails will quickly arrive on the phone, but the alert will either never happen or happen very late after 2 or 3 more emails have occurred. It seems to be very random and i can't see a pattern. I have spb diary 2.0 installed, but i don't think that makes a difference.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I see the same issues with the HP6945. I just installed an exchange account tonight and I get no notifications or they are very un-reliable. I also have a push imap solution called vgsmail and it works 100%, but is a battery hog. I swapped to exchange to see if it uses the battery less. I suspect this is a WM5 problem since I am seeing it on an ipaq and you are seeing it on a treo.

greg
    Do you notice that you don't see the alerts, if you're already in Outlook, when that new email arrives? In other words - you're in email, and a NEW email arrives, and the alert doesn't go off? I've seen that happen....

(maybe the device knows not to alert if you're in the app that would need alerting - ?)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    Do you notice that you don't see the alerts, if you're already in Outlook, when that new email arrives? In other words - you're in email, and a NEW email arrives, and the alert doesn't go off? I've seen that happen....

(maybe the device knows not to alert if you're in the app that would need alerting - ?)
    JohnnyMac, you are correct. I noticed that a few weeks ago that it did not alert while in P-Outlook, and only when it was closed. I could understand why they would do this, but it would be great if they would have mentioned this. I am going to check the owner manual of the tytn (just bought it) and see if it's mentioned there. I don't think it's a good idea since most people probably use the messaging app often as their active screen.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    I guess the thinking is that since you're already in email, why do they need to alert you when you're already in the app - ? I guess I can see that....
    Quote Originally Posted by waynew73 View Post
    don't think it's a good idea since most people probably use the messaging app often as their active screen.
    Fact is, the program is not meant to be used that way.

WM5 operates under the assumption that you minimize an app when you are done with it, which is why they included the Today Plugin for email. The today screen should be the default screen.

I think JohnnyMac makes a good point about actual usage. Verichat works like that as well, thankfully.

OTHO, if you really want that behavior, PhoneAlarm seems to over-ride that funciton and give you alerts all the time, no matter the situation (except for profiles).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter