1.    #1  
    Maybe this is a good problem, but my I'm currently using POP for my gmail and I get messages pretty much as soon as they arrive in my gmail account. Sounds good, but the problem is that its not following the settings. I set it to check every 60 minutes (both places - gmail settings and menu>delivery preferences)...so...uh...WTF is going on here?
    I am getting exactly the same thing with my work IMAP account. I can't account for why this is but it is happening. I test it out constantly by deleting messages on my work computer and then my Treo updates/syncs almost instantly. Messages that are received often show up on the Treo first. I don't get it. People say Outlook does not support Push for IMAP or POP3 but I am definitely getting it. Once thing I did notice is when I set up a second email account (POP3), I stopped getting Pushed email and it started polling every hour, the way I set it up. I deleted that account and *POOF* I am getting Pushed email from my IMAP account again (just like Chatter did on my 700p). All I can say is wow. I love it. An undocumented feature....any idea why this is possible?
  3.    #3  
    I'm not syncing e-mail with outlook...freaky
    Halloween black magic...
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I am just using Pocket Outlook on the Treo. I am not syncing with Outlook on a computer. I use the Apple Mail program.
  6.    #6  
    oh okay, I see what you're saying.

It's not that people say outlook doesn't support push for those standards, its that the standards themselves have no push functionality in them.

I'm concerned that what's going on here is that my phone is checking very frequently instead of at every 60 minutes as I set it to. That's a battery drain.
    Quote Originally Posted by akijikan View Post
    oh okay, I see what you're saying.

It's not that people say outlook doesn't support push for those standards, its that the standards themselves have no push functionality in them.

I'm concerned that what's going on here is that my phone is checking very frequently instead of at every 60 minutes as I set it to. That's a battery drain.

Thats what must be happening. Push is not possible.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Thats what must be happening. Push is not possible.
    I agree.

Delete the account, then re-create it. Hopefully this will solve the conflict. Thats a big battery hog, auto-syncing..
    I have this problem too. Gmail e-mails are sent to my phone almost instantly (within a minute or two of sending them). I went into my phone settings, and I had the Check for E-mails unchecked. Additionally, any e-mail I send comes back to me in on my 700wx in my inbox. I don't understand that. There are no options in Gmail that lets you configure this.

I will try to delete and recreate the account. Hopefully that works.
    See the threaded SMS messages thread, I figured this out finally...
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    See the threaded SMS messages thread, I figured this out finally...
    that thread is huge!! can you at least give a page number?
    yeah the last 2-3 pages. I made a step-by-step procedure.