1.    #1  
    I jsut got my 700p in the mail, not even activated yet. If the 700p is as BAD as the 700p forum makes it seem...did I jsut make a $350 mistake? If so...I am fairly certain I can get Sprint to trade it out for a 700w. I am a business customer and my sprint rep is great.
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    i donot have a 700p so i donot know ,i have not had a problem with my 700w
  3.    #3  
    Just a lil more info...Yes, its an upgrade from my 650, sorry for not stating that earlier. And I am not a big user of 3rd party apps. Pretty much the only 3rd party apps I will use are PdaNet and TomTom 6. Not sure if that makes a difference in the stability/reliability of the 700p. Ive been a treo user since just after the 600 came out (got it exactly 2 weeks after it was released for Sprint, so I am both used to and fairly happy with the POS in general. As long as the bugs are killer, I THINK Id rather have a POS than WM. But then Ive never had a WM device before. They keys for me are things like:

Call quality, Text Messaging, Bluetooth for my headset and GPS, camera, TomTom 6, PdaNet, etc...nothing heavy duty...I dont even really use it for e-mail, I'm a gmail user and just use their mobile website, so pop mail isnt even a big concern.
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I say stick with 700p unless your not a heavy SMS user nor text outside your network. 700wx has a major issue with the following and till this day is unresolved.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I just bought myself a 700Wx and my wife a 700P. I'm mainly a Windows Mobile guy, but used to do the Palm thing myself back in the day.

My wife won't really use any third party apps, either, except for GPS when I get her the software.

I say keep the 700P. With the built-in set of apps and the better screen, I'm very impressed.

The 700Wx is right for me, but I'm a heavy 3rd party app user and beta tester, so I don't have much of a choice.

I will say, I find myself picking up her 700P at night and just playing with it and I really have found it to be a great device.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I have a client with a 700w and we both are starting to feel like he should have waited for the 700p. Mainly because the w has a simple design flaw... it needs about 512mb of ram and has maybe 128. The OS uses a lot of that and if you have thousands of contacts, the 700w is very slow. Windows Mobile in general seems to need ram. I have an Sda and a Samsung i320 and the Samsung runs much, much faster than the Sda due to having more than double the memory and a faster processor.

I like Windows Mobile, but why won't vendors make the phones with more built-in memory?
    Mike
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  7.    #7  
    Being able to text in and out of network is VERY important. I get and recieve at leat 3,000 texts a month. So if the 700w has probs with that...I'll HAVE to stick with the P.
    Dave
    Were talking about the WX right? The Windows mobile treo on Sprints network?

RAM is not an issue on this device, however it is on Verizons 700w. Text paging is a huge issue as of now. Should be temporary- but dont even consider a switch until the issue has been resolved.

After it has the WX will be far superior to the P in almost every way, especially from a business users perspective.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I totally agree with what robber says.

I am a Verizon 700w owner, and it does have memory issues (although I've learned to work within the constraints and it does everything I need it to). Sprint's 700wx doubled the memory and those issues have gone away. But if texting is a big concern - keep the 700p, at least until they have the problems fixed with the 700wx. Me personally, I might gamble that the 700wx text issues would be fixed quickly, and I think (just my opinion) that the Windows version is better than the Palm OS version - but if you need texting now, then this probably won't work for you. I don't think you will go wrong with the 700p if you keep it either, I just prefer the Windows version myself.
    Verizon 700w = bad memory, good SMS
    Sprint 700wx = good memory, bad SMS

The title says 700w, but your signature says SPRINT, so you're confusing everyone!
  11.    #11  
    I am with Sprint, so I guess it would be a Wx.
    Dave
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    my bet is it will be fixed soon. trade up and get the best phone/pda on the market. i have a 700w so i cant even imagine how perfect the wx is.
    With the wx you will have this crap SMS issue (which is really starting to get to everyone as you can imagine after a month). I cannot recommend a phone to you that does not work, but I can say that if the SMS issue was fixed, I would be in love with this phone right now. The only complaint I have otherwise is the bluetooth dropout issue when WM sleeps.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    It's a love hate relationship with both. I just bought the WX and flip back and forth between selling or keeping. Just buying my time for the ROM update. I love the today screen of the WX but miss the simplicity of the POS. Quick search on the WX is cool (save only one button push, but nice). Miss the SMS (threaded) and MMS but able to deal with it. Look forward to Slingbox. Miss high res screen of P. BT on WX is good but I find it connects and disconnects a couple of times an hour making my back light turn on. Battery life on my WX sucks and I only have Phonealarm lite running on my today screen. I lose about 10% an hour.

I would say stick with the P until update is released. WM is fun to play with.
    Quote Originally Posted by nezzy76 View Post
    Battery life on my WX sucks and I only have Phonealarm lite running on my today screen. I lose about 10% an hour.
    10% an hour? That is way outside the norm (and running today plugins will not kill the battery, only programs that are accessing the internet often and "running in the background" do)

On the same note, if you have the 700p and 700wx why not invest in a 2400 Seidio battery? They're interchangeable between the two and running push email all day with Verichat and low signal I can easily go 17 hours and maintain 40% battery life.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I think it really comes down to what you want. I've used both (although I'll admit to much more experience with the Palm OS. The WX is better for multi-media suport, and if you want to do wireless syncing with Outlook. The P is easier to use for almost every PIM activity. Both have a wide assortment of 3rd party software, and both need at least some of that software to be fully functional devices (by my definition). The WX will do real multi-tasking, although try to do too much and it seems to get real slow. But neither device support EvDO rev A, so you can't multitask data and voice, which would be the "killer app" for me. The WX supports WiFi, but I personally don't care much about that. If I'm at home, I'll use my laptop anyway, and I just don't find that many free hotspots in the places I normally go away from home.

For me, WM5 is just too frustrating/annoying on a handheld screen, with all the little drop down menus (that don't fit on the screen all at once), and multiple clicks and taps to do things the P-OS does in one. Navigation on the P-OS is just easier, especially with a couple of carefully selected aftermarket tools. I think the P-OS is still much easier to work without a stylus, and one handed.

To each his or her own, though. Many people prefer the WX. You just need to decide what features and capabilities are important to you.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Malatesta;1116241]10% an hour? only programs that are accessing the internet often and "running in the background" do)

Sorry, off topic:
    I'm only running a pop3 account checking every 1 hour which doesn't seem excesive. I have On Demand update every 12 hours. That's it! I think I will buy a new battery.
    700w all the way. the only feature i like on the 700p is the capatibility to play its infamous bowling game. anyone have it on 700w?