Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It's been a while since I've had a treo, it feels good, and after having been with a few other phones for a while, I must say, the Treo, espeacially since it has Windows mobile on it is nice.

I just got mine yesterday and have some questions.

1) I sync with an exchange server through 4smartphone. When my EVDO connections gets disconnected, how long does it take to reconnect? My 6700 used to get email before my computer, but the treo seem to lag a bit.

2)The LED on the phone. Is this supposed to work for anything other than charging the battery? Becaue mine does not. Just red when charging, and green when done.... I am (of course) with Sprint.

3)and this is driving me nuts! Under buttons, it says push - option+send to open internet explorer, option+start to open calendar, option + OK to open task manager. None of the option + methods seem to work. What is weird is that I can simply hold the OK button down and get to task manager. What am I doing wrong?

Number 3 is reallly driving me nuts. I can normally figure this kind of stuff out. I tweaked the hell out of my 6700 registry, made my own hard re-set start up file by removing / adding cabs ect, ect... so I am fairly familliar with (although no expert) with how to figure things out.

Thanks a lot for all your help. I am hapy to be back......
    3. You have to hold down option (blue shift key) while your press send- etc. It is like hitting shif to get a uppercase letter. Holding down the ok button to get the task manager was a feature palm enabled for the memory handicapped 700w.

2. You should get a blinking green led when in a service area. But, otherwise you are correct. The LEDs do nothing, which is very annoying. I am hopeful someone will write an app soon to fix this.

1. Not sure, my EVDO connection does not kill itself after a sync. I get my email on my treo before my desktop.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
    2)The LED on the phone. Is this supposed to work for anything other than charging the battery? Becaue mine does not. Just red when charging, and green when done.... I am (of course) with Sprint.
    If you don't have phoneAlarm, check it out. It allows you to set blink the led on notifications...
    Good mention.

PA is just so robust that it seems silly to buy/use it just for led behavior.

Does it still require you to use its today plugin?

-Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Good mention.

PA is just so robust that it seems silly to buy/use it just for led behavior.

Does it still require you to use its today plugin?

-Rob
    Affirmative - plugin required. If pdxrealtor is a realtor , I'm sure they could use the other features!
  6.    #6  
    Thanks, I changed the buttons around.... what a horrible situation to have to hold option and send to start the browser!

My EVDO doesn't kill itself after a sync, when I did notice it, it was when I was getting a call and hit the red end button to ignore. this shut off the connection, but it eventually came back on. Still way behind of my laptop mail box, maybe the server is just slow today???

My LED isn't even blinking green for service.....obviously this is a palm thing, becasue my ppc6700 from sprint had the blinks and colors to let you know you had a notification.

I will check out PA, but really don't want to buy anything as I just spen a load on the phone and accessories.

ANd this is driving me nuts too. It clearly asks, (and I forget where) if you would llike all day events displayed on the today screen calendar section. However, my all day events don't. ANy clue as to why? Any good calendar plug in for this phone like calendar+ for PPC6700?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    Affirmative - plugin required. If pdxrealtor is a realtor , I'm sure they could use the other features!
    I AM a Realtor.... ! I am going to check this out, but like I said above, I really don't want to lay any more dough out at this point. I also hate a clogged today screen...

Speaking of today screens, I see this treo 700wx all over with a row of pictures on the top of the screen, with little icons right below. What setup is that?
    3)and this is driving me nuts! Under buttons, it says push - option+send to open internet explorer, option+start to open calendar, option + OK to open task manager. None of the option + methods seem to work. What is weird is that I can simply hold the OK button down and get to task manager. What am I doing wrong?
    This drove me bat sh#t crazy too for a couple of hours. I just assumed a shortcut would be for one handed operation. Small design flaw IMHO.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    This drove me bat sh#t crazy too for a couple of hours. I just assumed a shortcut would be for one handed operation. Small design flaw IMHO.
    Ya, espeacially since (and I NEVER do this) the manual refers to the middle button as the option button. Big oversite in more ways than one.

Any idea about that screen that I was talking about above?
    So the LED is always blinking if you are in a service area?
    Any idea about that screen that I was talking about above?
    The row of pics is your Speed Dial using pics instead of text buttons. I believe you need to have the contact setup with an image prior to putting it in speed dial.

The row of small icons is a seperate Today plugin that i haven't monkeyed with yet.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    The row of pics is your Speed Dial using pics instead of text buttons. I believe you need to have the contact setup with an image prior to putting it in speed dial.

The row of small icons is a seperate Today plugin that i haven't monkeyed with yet.
    My LED doesn't blink at ALL.

What today plugin is that?
    Sorry, I guess the led doesn't blink like I said above. Even more awful!
    Gah!

The LED is NOT suppose to blink for service!

It's funny, everyone who had a 650 begged and asked "how do I disable the blinking LED!"

Palm finally listened and now people want it to blink.

It wastes precious battery power, no need for it. You just need to know when you don't have service and assume you always do.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Gah!

It's funny, everyone who had a 650 begged and asked "how do I disable the blinking LED!"

It wastes precious battery power, no need for it. You just need to know when you don't have service and assume you always do.
    I just got used to glancing at my phone and knowing I had VM or EM, or had missed a call. That is very useful and worth the battery space if you ask me.

Still liking the phone though! Now the damn thing won't audible when I get an email consistently when the screen is off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Gah!

Thanks for the editorial.
    hey pdxrealtor, as a realtor do you (or anyone else for that matter) know if there is an infra red realtor lock box program for wm5?

I am in desperate need of such and app and any help would be appreciated. No its not for nefarious purposes.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    hey pdxrealtor, as a realtor do you (or anyone else for that matter) know if there is an infra red realtor lock box program for wm5?

I am in desperate need of such and app and any help would be appreciated. No its not for nefarious purposes.
    Not sure if it is limited to windows mobile. I know we are in the beginning stages of switching out our old lock boxes for the newer style infared ones so that we can use a smart phone device to unlock them.

Why do you ask?
    I am putting together a phone, software, service, package for my company and we are looking for a realtor lock box program for windows mobile.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast