Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Need to replace my ATTWS 650 ...
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    You'd be better off thinking in terms of months, not days.
  3.    #3  
    kind remember read somewhere 11/14 is the date we can buy at Palm.com
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric View Post
    Wow. I'd love that. That would mean I would still be in the 30 day window for test-driving the T-Mobile Dash, so I could return it and get the 750. The Dash is nice, but . . . .
    Yes but that doesn't mean unlocked. You can buy the 750 from Palm European websites locked for Vodaphone. When the 600 came out, Palm sold it first through their website locked for Cingular. The unlocked came a few months later. On the 650, they started selling the locked and unlocked about the same time.

Since Vodaphone still has an "exclusive" going on, I suspect that it Cingular really does release in November (which I personally doubt), then the Palm U.S. website will be selling Cingular locked versions and won't be offering an unlocked until all the "exclusives" are over.

Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    You sure about that??? If it were just 11 days away, people would be licking their chops.
    I heard January for the 750 but the 680 will be out in a few days.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Not exactly - the Cingular Treo 600 was never locked at all (I know - bought one for T-Mobile).
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Yes but that doesn't mean unlocked. You can buy the 750 from Palm European websites locked for Vodaphone. When the 600 came out, Palm sold it first through their website locked for Cingular. The unlocked came a few months later. On the 650, they started selling the locked and unlocked about the same time.

Since Vodaphone still has an "exclusive" going on, I suspect that it Cingular really does release in November (which I personally doubt), then the Palm U.S. website will be selling Cingular locked versions and won't be offering an unlocked until all the "exclusives" are over.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    That might be true, I don't remember at what point Cingular started locking it. The 650 was definitely locked, but the 600 might not have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Levyesq View Post
    Not exactly - the Cingular Treo 600 was never locked at all (I know - bought one for T-Mobile).
    Since they can't seem to figure out when to release the 680(first Nov. 5, now 20), I speculate the 750 will now appear in early 2007.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11. SG2
    Yeah, who knows anymore with this. All I know is that I have four phone lines that I need to do something with and if this phone doesn't come soon I will switch to another carrier. But I have been told by the 18th we'll see both phones; and while I do rely on these folks very much, it's anyone's guess what will actually be.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by SG2 View Post
    But I have been told by the 18th we'll see both phones;
    11/18? 750 unlocked?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
  13. SG2
    Now it's the 20th...
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by SG2 View Post
    Now it's the 20th...
    SG2 - Is your info from a reliable source? You are getting all of us excited!
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    The 20th is the current rumor for the 680 from Cingular. I've seen nothing to indicate you can get an unlocked 750 from Palm in that timeframe.
    Someone said that the Treo 680 and the Treo 750 will be released on 11/18.
    Well there have been sightings of dummy 680 displays. NO sightings of any dummy 750 display. And the "current" rumor on howardforums is 11/20 on the 680.
  18. SG2
    SG2 - Is your info from a reliable source? You are getting all of us excited!
    There's a local GM that I've known for half my life who has told me all of this stuff. And per the other posts, the 20th, now, is for the 680. He mentioned that the 750 was supposed to be out prior (as was the 680) but the goal is to get it out before the holiday season. That being the case, I don't think anyone will know until we see it ourselves.
    Our government rep says don't expect the 750 before January 1.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Someone from Cingular said Dec 1 on Howard Forums. But take it with a grain of salt. They do keep saying "Definitely before the end of the year" which I hope is true. Having said that I'm optomistic we'll see Cingular sell it before the end of Dec. When Palm will start selling it unlocked I have no idea. With the 650 they were selling it within 1 month of Cingular, but it's possible they have something worked out with Cingular to give them a head start on the 750.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast