Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I am curious as to how long (on average) does your batter power last each day for you all (and possibly what you are running, program wise)?

Currently, I have my Yahoo! Go checking ever hour and my PocketWeather checking every hour. Aside from that, I have about a cummulative time of 2 hours of phone conversations and 1 hour of internet usage a day.

My batter will go from 100% to 5% in about 17 hours (6am-11pm). Do you think this is good, bad, average?

How about you?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I wish mine lasted that long.

I use Chatter and check mail every 15 minutes and I send a few e-mails each day Maybe 10 minutes of phone calls and a few text messages.

My 700P will last 14 hours max. Why is mine so short?
    Becuase you check your mail every 15 minutes, that puts a big strain on the battery. I'm sure if you turned chatter off, you could easily get 24 hours+
    Would you happen to be checking a POP3? If you have your email forwarded to an IMAP and check that every 15 minutes instead, it will increase your battery life as it requires much less data transfer.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    My battery is at 2 1/2 days of life so far with 46% charge left. I am using the Seidio extended battery and I have my email set to check every 60 minutes not to mention I text at least 200 times per day.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post
    My battery is at 2 1/2 days of life so far with 46% charge left. I am using the Seidio extended battery and I have my email set to check every 60 minutes not to mention I text at least 200 times per day.
    really?? so i'm taking it you like your extended battery purchase huh? where did you pick it up at (and price)?
    Quote Originally Posted by box33 View Post
    really?? so i'm taking it you like your extended battery purchase huh? where did you pick it up at (and price)?
    Bought it here at TreoCentral http://store.treocentral.com/content.../8-37--580.htm

I find that this battery was well worth it. I used to barely get 1 1/2 days on the stock battery. Just did about 30 mins of web surfing and I am at 42% and its been over 2 1/2 days.

I love this battery
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post
    Bought it here at TreoCentral http://store.treocentral.com/content.../8-37--580.htm

I find that this battery was well worth it. I used to barely get 1 1/2 days on the stock battery. Just did about 30 mins of web surfing and I am at 42% and its been over 2 1/2 days.

I love this battery
    Damn, im lusting over your battery life. How do you achieve that? I can barely get past 15 hours with VERY light, occasional usage, let alone when i use it heavily i cant go over 5. What apps do you run in it?
    I have my backlight 2 bars below the middle and its more than enough visibility for me. I use the KBlights off app found in the thread below this to keep my keyboard lights off almost 90% of the time and I use Magic Button to close any background apps that can possibly cause battery draining. I have tons of programs installed but when I am done with them, I make sure they get closed.
    I just yesterday changed my email settings to check my POP account every 15 minutes, thinking, you know, I never bothered to do this, I suppose it's good. This morning, it's only been unplugged and on me for about an hour, and I'm much lower on the battery than I usually am. Also, the phone is warm around the camera lens... so I'm going back to checking mail myself.

Anyone notice the heat thing in a case like this? It never happened before...

UPDATE: I also have WeatherPanel installed, and it was checking for updates CONSTANTLY, for some weird reason... that may have been the heat issue... I have since turned that feature off.
    Last edited by Alienwhere; 10/30/2006 at 06:56 AM.
    END OF LINE
    Battery life is heavily influenced by signal strength, which makes it hard to compare from one user to the next. In my current work location I get a very weak signal, and my battery drains about twice as fast as it did previously.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Battery life is heavily influenced by signal strength, which makes it hard to compare from one user to the next. In my current work location I get a very weak signal, and my battery drains about twice as fast as it did previously.
    Tell me about it. Mine is horrible all over my neighborhood.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    I just checked it 10 times and the average length is 2".

Greg
    My battery does not have an average length! It has a specific length, width and height.
    Quote Originally Posted by remilk View Post
    My battery does not have an average length! It has a specific length, width and height.
    Just to chime in about the extended battery. I bought the Seidio extended battery last week from here and I'm just amazed how much longer my battery lasts now. I have my Treo check my email every 15 minutes and I spent a good 2 hours on the internet downloading vids and had about 38% left on it and this is was towards the evening after not touching my phone for 7 hours due to being at work. Did a soft reset and it jumped back up to 47%. The seidio has plenty of juice and doesn't seem to wanna die.

**Edit**
    About the weight, it's a tad bit heavier but I actually like the feel of my treo being a little heftier. Makes it feel like it's built better.
    I just got the seidio extended battery too last week. Its the best mopney I have spent on my treo yet!
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Post left blank intentionally.
    Without Agile Messenger open I went 15 hours and the battery meter appeared to be 100% full. But I estimate it was at about 95% full.

With Agile Messenger open, I can go about 24 hours before needing to recharge.

When this battery wears out, I'll definitely buy the extended one.
    man, I wish I could do as good as some of you guys. I have the seidio extended battery and don't get 12 hours. of couse I have push email, and LOTS of use.

i'm all right though. it's a lot better than my 6700.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast