1.    #1  
    Hello,

I'm fairly new to the windows mobile scene, and got my Treo 700w two weeks ago.

Over the past few days, since I moved into my new apartment, I've been totally dependent on the Treo for all things internet. I've had some issues, such as PIE freezing on the USPS zip code lookup, and functionality questions; some of which i've found answers to (Pocket SoftReset, KeyLight, MagicButton, WinMobile Zip, Opera Mobile...).

However, I'd love to see a program that allows you to map any key on the keyboard to a certain function. For instance, I'm constantly typing certain words, what if when I hold F it types "Flushing, NY," or when I hold the Alt key, it starts Maps4PDA, or when I hit the ctrl+P (aka brightness) it actually lowers the brightness all the way, or runs KeyLight; etc etc etc...

Anyone know of a program like this?

Thanks very much,

Matt
    Two apps that you might be interested in are KaiSoft's AutoCorrect.Net, which I use for the exact feature you're talking about the autotext (press a letter or a few letters and it's replaced by a word or phrase). There are others that do this too. Check on handango.com and you'll find a few options. Also, AEButton Plus will let you do the remapping of the keys.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Quote Originally Posted by waynew73 View Post
    Two apps that you might be interested in are KaiSoft's AutoCorrect.Net, which I use for the exact feature you're talking about the autotext (press a letter or a few letters and it's replaced by a word or phrase). There are others that do this too. Check on handango.com and you'll find a few options. Also, AEButton Plus will let you do the remapping of the keys.
    Nice find on AutoCorrect.net.

No issues with it? The price is right and looks very useful!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Can you turn off the task manager from AE Button Plus? I have iLauncher and don't want it to interfere...
  5.    #5  
    Call me cheap, but are there any freeware solutions to AutoCorrec .NET and AEButton Plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    Can you turn off the task manager from AE Button Plus? I have iLauncher and don't want it to interfere...
    It shouldn't interfere with iLauncher. I have WA2/Desktop and iLauncher along with AE Button. I use the WA2 task manager and it doesn't interfere. The AE Button task manager is turned off by default.

Nice find on the AutoCorrect.Net.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    AEB+'s task manager is simply one of many functions that you can (but don't have to) assign to any hardware key, so there is no need to use it.

Having said that, I found it and the other functions (like the Actions list) to be the most useful of it's kind. It's simple and fast.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Thank you as usual everyone! Gonna try it now...