1.    #1  
    Hi folks ) Still chugging away at mey 700wx. I Love it, i got 400 for my axim x 51v with mem cards and toys etc so I am happy so far about the transition. I am having some difficulties and have some questions so please help me I will try to be specific.

1. I am looking for a keyboard for the Treo, I want to avoid IR or BT. I used to own the Toshiba 740 and it had a keyboard that you plug directly to the PPC and it had a spot for the charger. I have seen something similar for the 650 but I want one for the 700wx. If i HAVE to I will go BT but i dread carrying around yet another power cord of a battery device.
    2. I am looking for a program that gives real time or close to it traffic reports. MSN and Yahoo and Traffic.com dont work well for me. Miami is a nightmare with traffic and I really really need up to date traffic info.
    3. Does the Tweaks2K2 .NET program help out with the performance lf the
    700wx alot? Enough to buy? My biggest thing here is some speed yea but the Pocket IE to be recognized as ie6 is awesome I would love to bank on this.
    4. I have the sprint unlimited data plan so I LOVE surfing, any tips to speed this up? Is there a list of PDA Web sites?
    5. Other than regularly scowering this site (Which is awesome) any other good sites to follow?
    6. Any idea why MS reader isnt working on the Treo? I have alot of books and I cant read them now. Any suggestions ? (Yes I have the latest downloads)

All, I really understand that answering every noob is a pain however think of answering my post like this. I Just dropped 600 bucks on this phone ( making me a slave to my wife and having to barter xmas and bday hahaha!) Teaching this young grass hopper will be investing in me learning and in turn, answering other noobs for you !!!!!!!!

Squid

USN 18 years and still ticking
    "nooberific" lmfao! what a great word!
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    - For Traffic, it's a pay service but if you really need something:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/accessories/traffic.html

- I like Tweaks2K2 .NET. I think the reg tricks are worth the $10.

I have the sprint unlimited data plan so I LOVE surfing, any tips to speed this up?
    Yup, read here:
    http://ppcgeeks.com/speed-up-your-in...e-pc-t988.html

Other than regularly scowering this site (Which is awesome) any other good sites to follow?
    I'm partial to ppcgeeks.com

Any idea why MS reader isnt working on the Treo? I have alot of books and I cant read them now. Any suggestions ?
    There's some weird reg trick you need to do and I believe it's posted at ppcgeeks

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I use eReader on a daily basis. It works from both main memory and the sd card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    ok, wow! It's rare to have these DNS tricks actually noticeably speed up the internet experience but this one was a shocker. Super thanks!
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for all the help! Does anyone have some help referring to the keyboard?
    Gonna lay off Tweaks till I gain more knowledge on the Treo. Thanks for the help.
    MS Reader only supports .lit files, thats probably where your issue is. Ereader, etc use a different format. Search and download a different reader if you have books already you want to read...
  8.    #8  
    That is the problem. I have e-books I paid for that only work with MS Reader and Adobe I believe. I will take a look at that Reg Hak from PPC Geeks mentioned above.

Anyone on that Keyboard !?!?!?!?!
  9.    #9  
    Ok, thanks for all the help so far, can someone tell me how to get Active sync from turning itself on every 10 min? i went to options and made a fake server to access the options portion of menu (old axim trick) but it didnt work for me. Any clues?
    6. Any idea why MS reader isnt working on the Treo? I have alot of books and I cant read them now. Any suggestions ? (Yes I have the latest downloads)

Try using mobipocket. Its free at mobipocket.com.
  11.    #11  
    I will try that reader, thanks. Anyone have some advice about active sync? I am doing the fake server trick and setting everything to manual and no dice. Thanks again all.